Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,811

0 members and 2,811 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

New ball Addict Intro:)

I notice a few days ago a new member was directed to do an intro in the forums. Of course being a man I never really noticed this or dont really remember if I ever did introduce myself when I joined BP.net earlier this year.

I have always had a strong interest and fascination in reptiles. My mom would never let me have them in the home so I resorted to hunt and capture during the summer months of my childhood years. On average we would catch turtles from the area lakes, crayfish, toads, frogs etc and use my moms garden which she never used as their summer home. We had dug in plastic pools, garbage bag bottem pools for lakes, built in streams, shelters, sand castle homes etc etc. The garden itself was probable 30 feet by 20 feet and we would board it in with wood.

The only rule my mom had was no snakes! And all animals needed to be returned at the end of August to the lakes and ponds from which they were found lol.

Well several years later and new sparked childhood interest from my son...age 6...I was drawn back to my days of fascination with these animals and finally decided to put time and pursue my interest in ball pythons.

I took about 4 months on non-stop nightly research from forums, you-tube, books, 8 ball BHB Ralph Davis etc etc and prepared for the start of what I thought would be a simple race. With everything in place and a 5 shelf rack system my first Spider Ball arrived from Brian at BHB. I believe I shared the story of getting bit within 5 minutes and my wife runnin up the stairs screaming earlier. I believe that was back in January when Nibbles arrived...a few days later my lesser DW who was ordered from Ralph Davis arrived and we had 2. That night I felt this dark cloud come in from the west like a summer severe storm....this cloud was the addiction!!!!!!

Now a total of 3 months later I have 10 bp's.......4 more racks on order...and a wife who hated snakes walking over to DW last night, reaching down and picking him up all on her own. I sat there in awe. Her fear buried inside she told me later she wasnt quite sure why she did it and could barely believe she did. She is still gunshy of the snakes but she is fascinated by them and talks to them if they were our infant son from 6 years ago lol

I apologize for the length of this intro lol. I again would like to personally thank all those here who patiently share their knowledge and passion with us getting started. Without all of the help from you and the amazing support from the breeders in our country I am sure my first two bp's...Nibbles and DW would be nothing more then a beautiful purse for my wife do to my inability to keep them alive

Thanks again and best to luck to us all who deal with the daily fix and needs of our BP addiction....."hands tremoring as we speak"

Troy/Kysenia
    Troy Van Orman/Kysenia www.prairielandpythons.com(daily blog and updates!)tavopt@prairierehab.com

Thanks

Re: New ball Addict Intro:)

Hi, and ; although, I have seen you around the forum for a while.

My childhood herp story was very close to the same as yours, except I would catch all sorts of herps, including snakes, in the creek that ran through my back yard. I agree that snakes are very addicting. I caught the bug a while ago, and have not looked back since. Glad to hear that your wife is starting to get used to them too.

Do you plan to breed them?
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wh00h0069 For This Useful Post:

Kysenia (03-26-2009)

Thanks

I have researched city codes etc. I believe if I obtain a hobby breeder liscensce I would be allowed to breed so many a year....I do plan on breeding next year. I will start with maybe a couple pairings......LesserxMojave or MojavexMojave........SpiderxPastel.....LesserxNormal.......and FirexFire......pastelxpastel ....But who knows what I will have by then. I am preparing for next year with supplies, incubators and research etc.
    Troy Van Orman/Kysenia www.prairielandpythons.com(daily blog and updates!)tavopt@prairierehab.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kysenia View Post
    I have researched city codes etc. I believe if I obtain a hobby breeder liscensce I would be allowed to breed so many a year....I do plan on breeding next year. I will start with maybe a couple pairings......LesserxMojave or MojavexMojave........SpiderxPastel.....LesserxNormal.......and FirexFire......pastelxpastel ....But who knows what I will have by then. I am preparing for next year with supplies, incubators and research etc.
    Wow, that will be some amazing pairings. So many possible clutch outcomes. If you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me. Good luck!
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

That would be awesome I could be like your padawan ball breeder and you could be like master ball breeder...our moto could be "May the Clutch be with You!" lawl