Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,162

1 members and 3,161 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Pregnancy - Cold Temperatures

We had a storm come through and leave 8 inches of snow outside. This has caused power outages across the city, including the apartment we are moving out of. When we got to the apartment, it was getting chilly but our first priority was the snakes. We got them out ok, but left the rodents, cats, and ferrets till the next day. The roads were bad, so making several trips was no an option. So we got there the next day to find two rats dead (they were young, around 5-6 weeks old and because they had been in QT, they were alone). The group of breeding mice, totalling 5 mice, were almost dead. I had to hold the male in my hands and breathe hot air on him to keep him alive. We got everyone to the house we are moving into (my mother in law's house) and warmed everyone up. The mice are doing fine and are moving around, eating, and drinking. I did notice however that the darkest mouse was looking rather plump. I'm wondering if she's pregnant. Will the cold temperatures she endured have any negative affect on her pregnancy?
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: Pregnancy - Cold Temperatures

Anyone? She is still pudgy so I'm thinking she is pregnant. The other 3 are not showing any signs, but the male is not showing any interest in them so either they are out of their heat or they are now pregnant. We shall see. I really would like to know if cold temperatures have any affect on pregnancy though.
    Under Construction.....