Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 888

0 members and 888 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: mojave or not?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: mojave or not?

Quote Originally Posted by austinr View Post
    whats that mean to a normal person? are you trying to say a normal cant be het for mojave, only a mojave is het for mojave?

and i would pay that much for it because i trust the lady and i dont think everyone is trying to rip me off all the time
    What that means to a normal person is that Mojave is a codominant trait and so is already a het. If you don't understand the terminology, then why are you paying extra for it? A Mojave is already heterozygous for the Mojave trait. A snake that is homozygous for the Mojave trait is a mostly white snake with blue eyes.

The fact of the matter is, whether she's doing it on purpose or not, she IS ripping you off because you are not getting what you paid for. If you paid extra money for a car that was supposed to be red with white racing stripes would you be satisfied receiving one that was flat gray?
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    What that means to a normal person is that Mojave is a codominant trait and so is already a het. If you don't understand the terminology, then why are you paying extra for it? A Mojave is already heterozygous for the Mojave trait. A snake that is homozygous for the Mojave trait is a mostly white snake with blue eyes.

The fact of the matter is, whether she's doing it on purpose or not, she IS ripping you off because you are not getting what you paid for. If you paid extra money for a car that was supposed to be red with white racing stripes would you be satisfied receiving one that was flat gray?
    i still dont understand what youre saying lol and just because i dont remember all of my highschool biology mean i should buy a snake? so what youre saying is if you dont know what a V8 or turbo charger is you shouldnt buy a truck? kinda silly

shes very willing to give me my money back so she isnt ripping me off. if she were to say you bought it, its your fault for not noticing i dont do refunds, then she would be ripping me off

and sorry to get kinda mouthy with you but i give what i get

3. The Following User Says Thank You to austinr For This Useful Post:

nybp (02-05-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

i still dont understand what youre saying lol and just because i dont remember all of my highschool biology mean i should buy a snake? so what youre saying is if you dont know what a V8 or turbo charger is you shouldnt buy a truck? kinda silly
    If you're paying extra for it, don't you think it would be wise to know what it means?

shes very willing to give me my money back so she isnt ripping me off. if she were to say you bought it, its your fault for not noticing i dont do refunds, then she would be ripping me off

and sorry to get kinda mouthy with you but i give what i get
    And if you didn't catch her at it, would you be getting a refund? If she had it advertised as a Mojave, then she was clearly misrepresenting the animal. I supposed it would have been fine and dandy with you if she had sold this animal to someone else who didn't bother to check if it was real?
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks

http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=52847

Check that out it explains the genetics in lame man terms. A Mojave is basically a het for blue eyed lucy. There is no het for mojave. I agree with the pet thing don't return it but I would ask for a partial refund. The most I have ever seen a normal go for is $80 and that is steep. Work out a deal to get free feeders or something. I am sure they were not trying to rip you off. They just aren't educated about BP Morphs.
    Mojave = Co-dom

DRS
    Pure Breed Pythons

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Douglesser For This Useful Post:

austinr (02-05-2009)

Thanks

ok so let me try to understand this. if i mated a mojave to a mojave i would get mojaves a blue eyed lucys. or would i get mojaves, blue eyed lucys and normals? and if normals were produced wouldnt they be het for mojave since both parent were mojaves? assuming normals can be made like that

or how bout this since this i what i think happend. if i mated a normal to a mojave i would get mojaves and normals. would the normals be partial het for mojave? a simple yes or no will do lol i dont quite understand all the co-dom stuff right now

and what do the numbers in everyones signatures mean? the 0.1 and 2.0 and that stuff

Thanks

are you happy with your "mojave"...then keep it. do you care whether it makes a bunch of normal babies...NO bc u take those normal babies, breed them to a pastel ur getting.......BAMMMM HETS, and u can sell them and make up you difference for being over charged! end of discussion
    0.0.1 normal bp (SHOGUN)
    0.0.2 amel corn (KOZMO & SAM)
    0.0.1 cali. kingsnake (ELVIS)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nybp For This Useful Post:

austinr (02-05-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Douglesser View Post
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=52847

Check that out it explains the genetics in lame man terms. A Mojave is basically a het for blue eyed lucy. There is no het for mojave. I agree with the pet thing don't return it but I would ask for a partial refund. The most I have ever seen a normal go for is $80 and that is steep. Work out a deal to get free feeders or something. I am sure they were not trying to rip you off. They just aren't educated about BP Morphs.
    Mojave = Co-dom

DRS
    Pure Breed Pythons
    nicest reply i have got so far lol yea the normals are $65 from these people but ive seen normals at petco go for like $85 or something. i havent bought any ther but thats their price

Thanks

Red face Re: mojave or not?

im glad that im the only person to suggest that. everybody was so quick to jump on the RETURN THAT NORMAL band wagon, how many people started with a normal, and moved on from there???? i've been in the ball python "world" for about as long as a hot cup of coffee....excuse the het pastel comment
    Quote Originally Posted by nybp View Post
    .BAMMMM HETS
    i do know it's a codom. so outta a 4 egg clutch, law of avg. says u get 50/50-pastel and normal
    0.0.1 normal bp (SHOGUN)
    0.0.2 amel corn (KOZMO & SAM)
    0.0.1 cali. kingsnake (ELVIS)

Thanks

No you would get plain old normals. If a BP has any genetics for Mojave it would be visually unmistakable.

Thanks

ok so let me try to understand this. if i mated a mojave to a mojave i would get mojaves a blue eyed lucys. or would i get mojaves, blue eyed lucys and normals? and if normals were produced wouldnt they be het for mojave since both parent were mojaves? assuming normals can be made like that
    it has been said numorous times that there is no het mojave, mojave is a mojave, nomal looking ball pythons produced by a mojave breedings are normals. Nothing more, normals. you would get 25% Blue eyed lucy, 50% mojave, 25% normal from a mojavexmojave beeding
    Ball pythons: 1.2 pastel, 1.0 Black Pastel 1.0 mojave(green) 0.1 spider, 1.0 het pied, 1.0 het clown, 1.1 het albino, 0.1 pos het albino, 1.0 shatter, 0.2 normals, 0.1 reduced pattern, 0.3 dinkers
    Corn snakes: 1.0 blood, 0.1 het blood, 0.1 snow, 0.0.1 reverse okeetee
    Geckos: 2.1.2 crested gecko, 0.0.1 leopard gecko
    Boas: 1.0.1 sand boas
    Other: 1.1 mini australian shepherd, 2.0 cats

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast