Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,931

0 members and 2,931 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Heavy breathing?

My mistake...I'm sorry. I don't think that you said anywhere you would be taking it back to the *vet* at Petsmart. When you said you would be taking it back, I didn't see what else you could mean other than returning it.

It is stupid that you should have to shell out more money on an animal that should have been healthy, but the animals from the large chain pet stores aren't known to be healthy.

But yes, I would take it to the vet at Petsmart. Unfortunately, they may not know much about reptiles, so you may still end up having to go somewhere else. But it can't hurt to start there.

I wasn't trying to write you off as someone that couldn't or wouldn't take care of a pet, but from what I had read and understood, you got a snake you thought was sick and didn't know what else to do to fix it, so you were going to take it back. I do want your little guy to start eating, and thank you for clarifying what you meant, instead of getting upset. ^_^
    ~ Shannon

1.2 normal bp ~ Lilly (06) ~ Delilah (09) ~ Joey (06)
    1.0 cinnamon bp ~ Doughnut (08)
    1.0 mojave bp ~ Jay (08)
    0.1 pastel bp ~ Patsy (09)
    2.0 cats ~ Lil Bit (08) ~ Toby (08)

Thanks

Even though youtube completely butchered the quality of my video, here's a quick vid, if you pay close enough attention you might see it. Again, maybe I'm just paranoid.

YouTube - Steak

Edit: Whoa, didn't know it was going to embed it, I just told it to set up a link, sorry!

And it's alright, it was my fault for not being more clear the first time. =]
    0.1 Normal BP - Steak

Thanks

Sorry for the double post, but I have a better video.

YouTube - Breathing heavy?
    0.1 Normal BP - Steak

BPnet Veteran Toronto Python Gurus's Avatar
    Thanks

my volume wasnt working, but i did notice he looked a litttle dehydrated you can tell by the wrinkles in his skin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Python Guru View Post
    my volume wasnt working, but i did notice he looked a litttle dehydrated you can tell by the wrinkles in his skin
    It baffles me. I fill her dish about twice a day, theres PLENTY of humidity and I've seen it drink quite often, so I'm not exactly sure how it could be dehydrated. I might try to give her a bath, but I'm not sure what that'll do. I'm sure she'll get a good bit of moisture from the food, whenever she decides to eat.

There's not too much to the sound, just music, and a loud fan I had running at the time, but did you notice the visual breathing a bit heavy?
    0.1 Normal BP - Steak

Thanks

a bath never hurts i bathe my snakes whenever they need it(after poopin/peein and slithering through it, just general maintenance) i did notice him breathin heavy alot of my snakes to that when they are stressed their heartbeats go up a little and they start breathin heavier, next come the hiss then the strike, lol well sometimes, but yeh as long as you dont notice and wheezing, open mouth breathing or any other IR related symtoms that heavy breathin is nothin really to worry about just a lil stressed
    Cheers!
    Mike,
    Toronto Python Gurus.webs.com
    BBM PIN: 21D7758C

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Python Guru View Post
    a bath never hurts i bathe my snakes whenever they need it(after poopin/peein and slithering through it, just general maintenance) i did notice him breathin heavy alot of my snakes to that when they are stressed their heartbeats go up a little and they start breathin heavier, next come the hiss then the strike, lol well sometimes, but yeh as long as you dont notice and wheezing, open mouth breathing or any other IR related symtoms that heavy breathin is nothin really to worry about just a lil stressed
    Yeah, I haven't noticed any wheezing or any mucus or anything, and I've only seen it yawn twice since I got it, but it was right after I woke it up (oops). I'm going to give it a nice little bath and hope it eats soon =/
    0.1 Normal BP - Steak

Thanks

sound good, good luck!
    Cheers!
    Mike,
    Toronto Python Gurus.webs.com
    BBM PIN: 21D7758C

Thanks

To me it looks like you just spooked the little guy. He's all balled up so I'm assuming you just took the hide off of him to get those videos? If you did, he may just be trying to hold still. I've seen my girl do this from time to time when I startle her...she freezes and seems to be trying to hold her breath. She takes a deep breath and holds it again. Personally I think it is just when the get spooked they are trying to move as little as possible. Just my I'd still run the little guy to the vet to be sure he doesn't have parasites...the majority, if not all of the balls from the big chain stores are captive hatched, so it's very possible he could have something. (I see now that it says "it's a girl" so maybe you already took her to the vet?)

To help with getting him to eat, now that you have your tank set up, just leave him alone for a week. Just peak in to make sure he is in there and has water, but I would even say don't mess with his hides (picking them up to check on him and what not). Once he starts eating regularly, then you will be able to start messing with him more. I would even wait on the bath....if it has water and the humidity is ok, there isn't any reason to give it a bath until it's eaten a few times for you.
    ~ Shannon

1.2 normal bp ~ Lilly (06) ~ Delilah (09) ~ Joey (06)
    1.0 cinnamon bp ~ Doughnut (08)
    1.0 mojave bp ~ Jay (08)
    0.1 pastel bp ~ Patsy (09)
    2.0 cats ~ Lil Bit (08) ~ Toby (08)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tweets_4611 For This Useful Post:

Toronto Python Gurus (02-06-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Python Gurus View Post
    hey i had the exact same problem with my 07 male pastel, i read a thread made by Corey Woods or a comment in a thread by him that suggests you boost the temperature to around 95F maybe even a little higher and just cook the breathing problem right out of em . . . . so i did this i boosted the temp on the hot side to about 95ish and within a day the problem was gone and he has been fine ever since, good luck hope everything works out!
    I Thank You Alot For This I Have A Baby Royal Ball Python Im New To Having A Snake But I Have A Very Strong Passion For Them And I Am Sure Of Alot Of Things Going On Because I Have Done Research And Suchh But I Really Want To Keep It...I Cant Really Contol The Temperature Because I Have The Terrarium In My Room But I Can Moniter It...And Its Always In Thee 80s To 90s I Have Experienced The Same Problem But No Signs Of Any Infection Or Diseases... Soo Would It Be Just Stress.?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12