Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,888

1 members and 2,887 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Mini-fridge Incubator questions

Hello,

The inside plastic on the door is getting in the way and I want to cut away everything that sticks out. Has anyone done this and is there anything to be concerned about? Thought I'd ask before getting the chainsaw out . . .

Also, I have a fan installed to move the air around. How close can the egg tubs get to the Flexwatt? Once the door is trimmed down I will be able to rearrange the tubs to fit more in . . .

Thanks

Jim

Thanks

Re: Mini-fridge Incubator questions

Check the manufacturing materials online and see if they use asbestos in their insulation in the door. Some fridges have it, then you take out the door board and your left with asbestos. It looks too new for that, though, i ran into that problem with a fridge from the 70's and this is NOT one from the 70's.
    Also, alot of the 'insulation' is an air gap between the door shell, the insualtion sheets, and the metal outer door. Taking one away may not make it as stable. kind of like how a wet suit works. Keep that in mind.
    It looks like it should be no problemo, but do what you think. If you wanna take a risk and see what happens, go for it. Can always fix mistakes with expandable foam.
    Of all the tyrannies a tyranny executed for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. for it may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busibodies. For a robber baron's cruelty may cease; his cupidity may at some poitn be sadiated. But those who torment us for out own good do so without ceasing because they do so with the approval of their conscience. ~C.S. Lewis

Thanks

Yeah when I cut out the window it was just foam inside the door. I assume it is that way throughout the door.
    Figured I could always cover up an "oops" with some foil tape but the spray foam works too.

Thx

Jim

Thanks

You might be able to take apart the door and remove the entire inside panel and put it back together without cutting anything. Then just replace it with a sheet of pvc or plexiglass when putting the door back together.

Thanks

Lookin good Jim, best of luck what you got breeding?