Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,758

1 members and 2,757 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Pricing a Hognose

Last night I visited Sea World in Salem NH and spotted for the first time ever in person, This tiny little Hognose for sale. I am interested in buying one, Only it was $149.99!

I am not sure if that's a decent price, Because I've never seen one in stores. Any suggestions on where to buy and the price range I should be looking for?

Thank you
    Check out //// http://bcrexotics.com/

Thanks

Re: Pricing a Hognose

The average price of normal Western Hognoses are around $70.

If you dont mind paying shipping then you can always check the classifieds at Fauna or KS.

I personally would recommend that you attend a herp show if there are ever any in your area. You will more than likely be able to walk away with one for closer to $50.
    In fact, everything we encounter in this world with our six senses is an inkblot test.
    You see what you are thinking and feeling, seldom what you are looking at. -Shiqin

Thanks

I agree with going to a herp show and finding one. $50-$70 is what you will be looking at for a normal.

Thanks

My very first hognose was about 149. It was WAY too much. Keep looking around, i'm sure you'll find some better deals out there.
    Of all the tyrannies a tyranny executed for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. for it may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busibodies. For a robber baron's cruelty may cease; his cupidity may at some poitn be sadiated. But those who torment us for out own good do so without ceasing because they do so with the approval of their conscience. ~C.S. Lewis

Thanks

The New England Reptile Expo is in April in the town just outside mine in New Hampshire. Perhaps I'll wait til then

Thanks Guys and Gals

Thanks

$50-$60. Maybe $75 from someone really reputable. $150 is a rip-off (no offense to anyone). In some places you can get an Albino for that price, so why spend it on some Normal for 3x the price? Look around for an expo (that New England one sounds big), and hopefully you'll find one for the right price.
    -Ryan Hardwikk (aka Member #6667)

My snakes:
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa ~Nephthys~ (aka "Linky")

In a better place:
    1.0 Pastel Western Hognose ~Charon~ 10/3/07-4/24/09

If you need/want to know anything about Hognose snakes, just ask me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwikk View Post
    $50-$60. Maybe $75 from someone really reputable. $150 is a rip-off (no offense to anyone). In some places you can get an Albino for that price, so why spend it on some Normal for 3x the price? Look around for an expo (that New England one sounds big), and hopefully you'll find one for the right price.
    Yes, yes, I had to pay $140 for a western normal. I know it was waaaaayyyy too high, but it was Christmas week, the hognose from Texas (het albino for $120 shipped) could not get shipped because it was waaaayyyy too cold and my son will not have anything to open on Christmas Eve if we don't get him the snake. So, we bit the bullet and got it. It's okay, he is a super duper snake. He is worth it to us. And I guess that's what matters.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Yes, yes, I had to pay $140 for a western normal. I know it was waaaaayyyy too high, but it was Christmas week, the hognose from Texas (het albino for $120 shipped) could not get shipped because it was waaaayyyy too cold and my son will not have anything to open on Christmas Eve if we don't get him the snake. So, we bit the bullet and got it. It's okay, he is a super duper snake. He is worth it to us. And I guess that's what matters.
    I understand. If I had enough money to put aside I would do that too. Thing is I don't spend more than $50 on one item.
    -Ryan Hardwikk (aka Member #6667)

My snakes:
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa ~Nephthys~ (aka "Linky")

In a better place:
    1.0 Pastel Western Hognose ~Charon~ 10/3/07-4/24/09

If you need/want to know anything about Hognose snakes, just ask me.

Thanks

Anyone here sell them?

I am waiting on my income tax paperwork, My return will be decent and I'd love to get one for a fair price.

Saying as I am unemployed / starting a company ( not reptile related by the way ) I am able to stay home and await the arrival!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mckittie View Post
    The New England Reptile Expo is in April in the town just outside mine in New Hampshire. Perhaps I'll wait til then

Thanks Guys and Gals
    They're okay but they don't cary too many hognoses and they may not carry any at all soon, because everyone hears rear fanged venemous and gets freaked out. White Plains is better ofr it if you feel like driving 3 hours... The ones in Pennsy are GREAT for hognoses, but that's a good 7 hours away from you.
    Of all the tyrannies a tyranny executed for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. for it may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busibodies. For a robber baron's cruelty may cease; his cupidity may at some poitn be sadiated. But those who torment us for out own good do so without ceasing because they do so with the approval of their conscience. ~C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast