Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,853

1 members and 2,852 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Upgrade Your BP.net Experience!!!

Have you ever wished you could upload more pictures into the BP.net gallery? Wish you could store more Private Messages? Want a custom title like the mods and admins have? Have you ever wanted your own forum?!?

The time has come for Ball-Pythons.net to step into a new phase of our existence, and that will include lots of fun benefits for our members! As I'm sure you all know, the site is now growing exponentially, and along with that our costs of operation are also growing. And rather than adding "Google Ads" or more flashy banners scattered across the site, we are appealing to our members to help support the site, to help us keep it growing and running smoothly.

Please understand that the owners/admins of the site receive no monies from BP.net at all. The mod staff is not paid. Everyone on staff, from the newest mod to the most senior admin are strictly voluntary. Every single penny brought in from the current advertisers, and future subscriptions, go toward keeping the site running and growing.

So...with all that said, please allow me to introduce our new Membership Subscription Program! Grab a drink and get comfy...this may take a few minutes of your time....

First and foremost, 100% of the content of BP.net will remain 100% free. No one will ever have to pay a dime to participate, search, learn and grow here. However, there are lots of benefits we can offer to financial supporters while still maintaining an excellent and entirely free service to all Registered Members.

What follows is a benefit chart and a break-down of what each benefit is. There WILL be some changes to our current "Registered User" benefits. All changes will be explained below...so keep reading!

Explanation of OPTIONS:

Custom Avatar: The ability to load an avatar image of your own choice, rather than choosing one from among the BP.net "library" of avatars. (See * note at bottom for more discussion on this change)

Avatar Size: This is the maximum size your avatar can be in order to upload. width x height

Custom Profile: Customize your Profile Page by adjusting the color scheme and fonts!

Profile Pic Size: This is the picture that shows up on your Profile Page.

Custom Title: Where it normally says, "Registered User" or "BP.net Veteran" under your member-name...you can select a title of your own choosing. Titles must be family-friendly and abide by all BP.net TOS/Rules. They may not be used to mock or demean another member.

Private Messages: The number of messages you can store in your PM box. (This includes the total of incoming and sent messages) (See ** note at the bottom for more discussion on this change)

Gallery Space: All members get a certain amount of free gallery space for hosting pictures right here at BP.net. While we can't compete with Photobucket for the amount of space we offer, it IS nice to have a selection of special images hosted right here at "home".

Free Ads: These are the ads placed in our For Sale/Trade/Adoption or Wanted Forum. The limit on ads allowed to be placed are annual limits. (See *** note at the bottom for more discussion on this change)

Canned Replies: This is a new feature in which you can type up certain answers, phrases, groups of questions...whatever you find yourself typing over and over again. You save them and give them a name, then whenever needed you can insert them right into a post without having to type it all out again.

Member Forum: Another new feature offered to our Platinum Members. We'll have a new section of forums where members can host their own forum for "Off Topic" discussions, sharing pictures, or whatever catches your fancy. All BP.net TOS/Rules will still apply.

Subscription Icon: Show your BP.net Patriotism by sporting one of our nifty new icons above your avatar!

As you can see, we have LOTS to offer! But there are three changes that will affect our current members that we need to discuss:

* Custom Avatars -- As things stand today, any member of the site has been allowed to upload their own custom avatars. The staff has decided to make this a perk for financial supporters as well as those who have earned the BP.net Veteran rank. We have a huge list of "canned" avatars to choose from and have plans to expand this list in the very near future.

This change will be "grandfathered" in somewhat, as we have no desire to penalize our current members. Registered Users who already have a custom avatar uploaded will be able to keep it. And we'll leave the ability to upload up for one more week from the posting of this announcement so folks can make sure they have an avi they are happy to keep. After that week, Registered Users won't be able to upload any new avatars and any changes will have to come from the BP.net collection.

I hope that makes sense...please feel free to ask for clarification if necessary.

** Private Messages -- The number of messages our current members can store is being increased regardless of whether or not anyone chooses to subscribe. Registered Users go from 100 to 150 PM's and BP.net Vets go from 200 to 250.

*** Free Advertising -- This will be the most difficult thing to explain, so please bear with me.

Our "For Sale/Trade/Adoptions or Wanted" Forum has long been something we wrestle with. We want to provide this service to our members, and yet we don't want to turn BP.net into just another "classifieds" or sales venue. We also don't want to be taken advantage of by having outsiders come in and utilize our free ad space without giving anything back to the community. The Membership Subscription Program allows us to bring even more balance to these concerns.

Up until today, the policy for free advertising has been that any registered member may place up to 15 new ad threads annually. While the rest of the Rules for Advertising will remain unchanged, this one limit will be changing for most members.

BP.net Veterans will still be able to place 15 new ad threads annually, so what follows doesn't apply to them.

Subscribed members will receive an increase in that limit, according to the level of subscription they choose. The number of annual ads placed will be calculated for them as they currently are for everyone, by counting the threads created over the last twelve months.

Registered Users are the most affected by these changes. The number of ads allowed to be placed by Registered Users is now FIVE. This still allows for newer members to place the occassional ad as needed...while making it far more difficult for the "seasonal" advertisers to take advantage.

As with the avatar changes mentioned above, it is not our desire to penalize anyone...so to help with this change, all ad counts by Registered Users to this date are "zeroed out". (No, we're not deleting anyone's ads! ) Regardless of how many ads one may have over the last twelve months, all Registered Users will get a fresh count of five starting from today.

Once again, I hope this makes sense. Please ask for clarification if I've been muddled about any of this.

And that is the extent of my discussion on the changes! I realize some folks will complain or find some facet of this to be unfair. I wish with all my heart there were a way to please everyone when we make broad changes to the site. All I can say is that we are committed to always giving our utmost to do the very best for Ball-Pythons.net and her community.

Sincerely,
    Judy and the entire BP.net Staff

TERMS OF SERVICE FOR SUBSCRIBERS:

1. All subscribers are still bound to the original TOS/Site Rules they agreed to when registering for BP.net.

2. If a subscription upgrade is made, the member will be refunded the prorated difference. (ie: If a Silver account is upgraded to Platinum right away, the member will be refunded their original $25. If the account is upgraded after six months, the member will be refunded $12.50)

3. All subscriptions are non-refundable. (Except as mentioned in point #2.) In the unlikely event that a member finds themselves banned from the site, they are not entitled to a refund.

4. Current online subscription is payable only via PayPal in $USD. Checks or money-orders in $USD may be snail-mailed to JLC - PM her for more information.

To Subscribe, click on the link and choose your level of support!
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/payments.php

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!
    -- Judy

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Adam_Wysocki (01-22-2009),Bruce Whitehead (01-25-2009),Drew87 (01-23-2009),EasiGregory (03-06-2015),littleindiangirl (01-22-2009),MarkS (01-27-2009),Microddot (01-28-2009),Mike Cavanaugh (01-25-2009),monk90222 (01-24-2009),muddoc (01-23-2009),piedplus (03-17-2012),Royal Morphz (01-22-2009),SecurityStacey (01-25-2009),Spaniard (01-27-2009),The Bears (08-04-2011)

Thanks

Re: Upgrade Your BP.net Experience!!!

Seems logical to me....though because of all the changes, I think posting in this same post or perhaps editing in how to achieve veteran status would be good.

Also, are the subscriptions one time or annual?
    -Austin
    0.8 Normal 1.0 Pastel 0.0.1 Spider
    1.1 Het Kahl BCI-08's-FS/T
    1.0 Hypo Citrus Beardie (Citrón)
    0.1 Citrus Beardie (Tang)
    0.0.1 Rose Hair Tarantula (Rose)
    0.1 Himalayan Cat (Meredith)
    0.2 Persian Cats (Madison and Myrtle)
    1.0 Shih-Tzu (Gizmo) 0.1 Lhasa-Apso (Lana)
    Rats, ASF's, Turks & Dubias.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ThyTempest For This Useful Post:

Bruce Whitehead (01-25-2009)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

As of now, achieving the rank of BP.net Veteran hasn't changed. A Registered User is automatically upgraded to BP.net Vet when they reach two years of membership with a minimum of 200 posts. OR, they can be upgraded by hand (an admin has to do it) when they reach a reputation of 75 or higher.
    -- Judy

Thanks

Your taking away our right unpaid to change our Avatars!

Kill me now I change mine at least once a month
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThyTempest View Post
    Also curious about this.
    ***Tony S.***

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThyTempest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snakecharmer3638 View Post
    Also curious about this.
    Annual
    Deborah Stewart

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Bruce Whitehead (01-25-2009)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes, subscriptions are annual. The renewal is not automatic...so if you subscribe and then in the future move on to something else and forget about BP.net....you won't find yourself hit with a mysterious Paypal charge you weren't expecting.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

It's about time!!!

Congratulations and thanks to the entire Bp.Net staff for all of the hard work that I'm sure it took to put these new features into place and to test them in order to make the "bullet proof" for the membership.

I've watched this site grow so much over the past 4 years and I'm super excited about this next big step for the best reptile community on the net. These new membership options will not only put some really great features and benefits into the hands of the Bp.Net diehards but will also allow the site to reach for even greater heights in both features, scalability, and performance.

I'm darn proud to be a member and thank the entire Bp.Net crew (both members and staff) for making this place one of the best sites I've ever had the pleasure of participating in!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Adam_Wysocki For This Useful Post:

Bruce Whitehead (01-25-2009),dr del (01-22-2009),Freakie_frog (01-22-2009),Ironhead (01-22-2009),JLC (01-22-2009),littleindiangirl (01-22-2009),monk90222 (01-22-2009),rabernet (01-22-2009),Royal Morphz (01-22-2009),Stewart_Reptiles (01-22-2009)

Thanks

now the annual payment will automatically happen or will I receive a reminder when its time to renew?

never mind.. we posted at the same time

WOW.. It already shows I supported? that was fast.

I too am glad to support this forum as its my home for information as well as connecting with people who share a similar passion and I am glad to call friends. thank you for doing an excellent job of creating an inviting place to visit and stay.
    Doris

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ladydragon For This Useful Post:

Bruce Whitehead (01-25-2009),dr del (01-22-2009),Freakie_frog (01-22-2009),JLC (01-22-2009),rabernet (01-22-2009),Stewart_Reptiles (01-22-2009)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Awww....thanks, Adam!!
    -- Judy

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast