Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,899

1 members and 2,898 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Question Help! My dog is Houdini!

My dog Belle has managed to get out of every type of harness or confinement we have. She had a new harness and she hadn't gotten out of it since we got it. This morning she was downstairs and apparently wiggled her way out of it. She did it twice. Now I'm worried she'll be able to escape the yard. My mom had to put up some sort of cable running along the house. I placed her in her jacket and than harness and it seems to be working for the moment.

Does anyone know how to keep a little dog confined better? She's gotten out of the yard a few times and ended up at the humane society 1 time. Now we just try to let her out and than watch her in the yard. It's really frustrating.

I don't know why she wants to escape all the time. It's really frustrating. I try to do all I can to keep her safe. She even escaped her kennel so that's not fool proof either. One time I got home (when I lived in Idaho) and she was out in the middle of the street. It scared the heck out of me..

Any suggestions? We don't leave her out. She's in a kennel with 3 other dogs and she doesn't get out of that one. Only when she is alone..

Argh.
    Thea

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Help! My dog is Houdini!

Electric fence.. just till she learns
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"