Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,250

2 members and 2,248 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Ilsa, Ronin, Ada.

Hi all, I haven't been on for awhile - I got a new job (MUCH better pay, whee!), moved to a new city, officially moved in my fiance, yadda yadda yadda.

Ada is now 100% under my care, which means she's thinner, fitter and better behaved.

Ronin is quickly moving up the ranks at the club, he easily passed Beginners, and is flying through Intermediate right now. This club really demands a lot from their dogs, even in Beginners. He also passed his TDI (therapy dog) certification last month.

Ilsa was diagnosed with masticatory myositis, an autoimmune disease that attacks the muscle fibers in her jaw. The treatment is a long term, high dosage of prednisone - which comes with lots of nasty side effects, like muscle wasting, polyuria, polydipsia, vomiting, leaking urine... etc. She's had a pretty tough time of it, but I think it's getting better. We don't know what caused it, but the Doberman breed is one of the breeds that the disease is most likely to strike. It's not hereditary or congenital, it just... happens. To raise her spirits, we've started training her in Advanced, to prepare for her CD. She'll never get the title in her present condition, but training for it seems to be keeping her mind off her misery.

Lastly, Sekai has gotten pretty big - highest was 600g, but he's been on a 3 month fast so he's back down to 550g. I'll post his photos in here, since they never get noticed in the BP Pictures section... he can't compete with the drop dead gorgeous morphs out there!

Ronin, out with his new best friend Ruby...

All three out by the bluffs...

Ada at my parents' house, over Thanksgiving weekend...

Poor miserable Ilsa, NOT pleased to be outside!

Ilsa, about a week after her diagnosis... she looked a lot better back then!

Another Ada photo...

Ada, NOT happy that Ilsa has the bone and she has none!

Now, Sekai. He's just a plain, boring normal... but I like him all the same!

That's all for now!

Thanks

Re: Ilsa, Ronin, Ada.

Awesome photos. I really like the second pic.
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

Re: Ilsa, Ronin, Ada.

Ilsa and Sekai are gorgeous. They all are. I'm glad that she's doing alright. Hope things keep getting better and better for her.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s