Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,141

3 members and 3,138 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Unboxing My NEW ALBINO BALL PYTHON!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpman78 View Post
    I believe QTing animals is a very smart thing to do for several reasons and something I practice as an individual....but like many things in life it's a choice. Not to defend not doing it but there are several ways to lose an entire collection besides QT that I don't think everyone does:

Redundant thermostats (in case one fails and frys your animals)
    Backup generator (for power failures in extreme temperatures)
    Tabs or conduit on cages to keep cages closed if one should escape and open other cages.
    An escape plan including snake bags and boxes for every animal in your collection should a fire/disaster happen.
    Escapeproofing the 'herp" room

I'm sure there are also more I'm forgetting.

All of these things to me carry potential to lose a portion or all of one's collection but as an individual we have the right to choose which, if any, we want to practice.

As keepers I think it is great that we can pass our experiences and information onto others to help them and educate them about the risks that they could be taking by not practicing certain husbandry techniques. BUT it is their choice to practice those techniques or not. Some people are riskier individuals than others and that is their choice.

We as buyers can ask about these practices and weigh our decision to purchase based on these techniques just as we can choose what to do after we receive an animal.

I'm not trying to be preachy but the best method IMO is to educate the community and politely inform them of the potential risks that they run from certain practices (or the lack thereof). If they choose to heed that advice or not is completely up to them.

Hope that helps
    I am Quarintining..

Thanks

Message to everyone replying about quarantining! You guys don't have to reply with your thoughts on how i should be quarantining. I am quarantining, in the video i put the snake into the rack, but soon realized i had to start quarantining, so i removed the two new snakes from the rack system and put them in their own little containers with small heat pad under each of their containers, and moved them to another room, on another level of my house, and am quarantining them until August, my start of the breeding season (I go by 8 ball python's breeding calendar, as that is where learned all my temps and timing from)... I will also be quarantining the 4 new ball pythons i have coming (0.1 02 het albino, 0.1 03 het albino, 1.0 het albino, 1.0 het albino)...

Thanks

Nice albino...was the butterfly knife necessary? Also, it frightens me that you had quarantining in "the back of your mind" that should be first and foremost when bringing in new animals. All it takes is one exposure to your collection, like they've already had, to transmit disease, albeit very unlikely. And as said before, it didn't bother me but the excessive use of "jesus christ" in your video may offend alot of people.

And one final thing, do you have a job that paid for all the animals you own? Not trying to offend you, just curious how someone who seems so young was able to afford all the animals listed on your youtube channel.

Thanks

That's great.

The point of my other post really was that you can do what you want. I just want others to politely provide feedback rather than chastising you for not doing it. (e.g. "did you know..." instead of "you didn't QT!")

As I said before there are many husbandry practices that lessen the amount of risk people take. All are good ideas but none are absolutely necessary for keeping animals.

Quote Originally Posted by DBD View Post
    I am Quarintining..
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jdconstriction
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/jdconstriction
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/jdconstriction

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JD Constriction For This Useful Post:

SGExotics (01-03-2009)

Thanks

He is a very nice albino.
    Do not resuscitate

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dsirkle For This Useful Post:

SGExotics (01-03-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Williams View Post
    Nice albino...was the butterfly knife necessary? Also, it frightens me that you had quarantining in "the back of your mind" that should be first and foremost when bringing in new animals. All it takes is one exposure to your collection, like they've already had, to transmit disease, albeit very unlikely. And as said before, it didn't bother me but the excessive use of "jesus christ" in your video may offend alot of people.

And one final thing, do you have a job that paid for all the animals you own? Not trying to offend you, just curious how someone who seems so young was able to afford all the animals listed on your youtube channel.
    Does it really matter what i used to open my package? I could have used a butter knife, but id rather have sharp knife that glides across the tape to open it instead of a dull knife that i would have to stab downward to cut the box tape which could potentially stab into my snake and injure it severly... I didnt let the snake come in contact with any of my current collection, and i buy from reputable breeders, that had either sold me or friends of mine snakes in the past.. and i right after i realized that i needed to quarantine the animals & i did so... The reason it was in the back of my mind was because i never quarantined any of my animals previously, tbh, and learned i should do so from this site... Also, if it offends you that i say jesus christ, im sorry, the snake was so beautiful ans shocking, that when i opened the package i really didnt know what i was saying And to answer your last question, yes i pay for ALL of my animals, i am 15, and do have working papers, so while all my buddies are out "chilling" and "hanging out", im working my butt off to be able to afford all of whats in my collection, as i want to make my hobby into a full time career someday... Lol, what did you think, i stole all of these animals?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpman78 View Post
    That's great.

. I just want others to politely provide feedback rather than chastising you for not doing it. (e.g. "did you know..." instead of "you didn't QT!")
    Yes i agree with you on the the fact people on here should politely provide feedback... Many of which that have replied to this thread just come to it to pick out every little thing that is done wrong, instead of noticing it and advising i should do something differently instead of being obnoxious about it... Im not sure if its the fact that im getting a jumpstart on my collection of ball pythons earlier than they did, or if they just don't like the fact that i want to start a business and im younger than they are... Who knows lol, they should check out some of the kids on youtube that keep their ball pythons on sand and don't even provide heat for them, let alone Quarantine them

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsirkle View Post
    He is a very nice albino.
    Thankyou!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DBD View Post
    Does it really matter what i used to open my package? I could have used a butter knife, but id rather have sharp knife that glides across the tape to open it instead of a dull knife that i would have to stab downward to cut the box tape which could potentially stab into my snake and injure it severly... I didnt let the snake come in contact with any of my current collection, and i buy from reputable breeders, that had either sold me or friends of mine snakes in the past.. and i right after i realized that i needed to quarantine the animals & i did so... The reason it was in the back of my mind was because i never quarantined any of my animals previously, tbh, and learned i should do so from this site... Also, if it offends you that i say jesus christ, im sorry, the snake was so beautiful ans shocking, that when i opened the package i really didnt know what i was saying And to answer your last question, yes i pay for ALL of my animals, i am 15, and do have working papers, so while all my buddies are out "chilling" and "hanging out", im working my butt off to be able to afford all of whats in my collection, as i want to make my hobby into a full time career someday... Lol, what did you think, i stole all of these animals?

And when i say "I could have used a BUTTER knife" i spelt that correctly...

Thanks

What a beauty! Great contrast on that Albino!
    I'm not afraid of snakes, because I got Balls!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast