Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,426

2 members and 3,424 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

My youngest passed away today...

I am absolutely devastated right now. I've spent the better part of the day crying sporadically. I came home from work this afternoon to find that my gorgeous white-sided black rat snake had died. He somehow managed to break his neck and crack part of his skull in the lip of his plastic tub. He was still just a tiny noodle, and I think what must have happened is that he finally got strong enough to push up on the lid, so he gave it a big push and didn't anticipate it coming back down on him. He must not have been able to get out. It was really terrible to come home and see him hanging there. He was such an AWESOME snake. Wonderful personality and the best pattern/coloration I've ever seen on a white-sided. I was absolutely in love with him, and he was taken from me so early. He was born in July of this year...

I held him for a while, as silly as it might seem. I was really attached to the little guy. But he's lovingly wrapped up and bagged in the fridge now while I figure out what to do with his body. I don't want to bury him here since I'm not attached to this apartment by any means. I could bury him at my dad's house, but I know there are rules about "disposing of them" properly. I am looking into cremation, but if I go that route I would like to put his tiny little cremains into a glass pendant of some sort. Money is so tight right now, and I'm not finding any cremation jewelry for under $150. Does anyone have any options for me?

Loving kindness and soothing words would be greatly appreciated right now. I have a small collection - only three snakes (it was 4 with the rat snake) so I feel very close to all of them. I treat them all as a loved and cherished pet. I have to admit, I feel like I've lost a puppy or something...

Thanks

Re: My youngest passed away today...

That's horrible! He was a great lookin snake!
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry... You can never anticipate that kind of thing. I would bury him at your dad's out of the options listed above, that way you'll always know where he is... Again... sorry for your loss.
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks

I'm so sorry. He was a beauty! I say bury him at your dad's too, we have a special place here for those very special animal friends we've had over the years and we never forget them.

Thanks

aww.. so sorry about the loss of your beloved snake. he was gorgeous. I also say bury him at your dad's house.
    Doris

Thanks

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a little one. I still cry thinking about my BP Thor that I rescued and tried to save, but the neglect he recieved prior to me took it's toll. I am so sorry!

Thanks

Well, we buried the little guy at my dad's house. I coiled him up and wrapped him in a paper towel, and put him in a little velvet pouch. I'm going to get a quartz geode to be his tiny head stone. I've found one that I really like - it's in two halves so I can place one at his grave site, and keep one with me. I want a geode because I want something that is sparkly and white - I bought him because of his color, and there is symbolism behind it: a geode is a plain, ordinary rock on the outside, but a brilliant crystal on the inside. This snake was so young that he was still a little rock; he could have been a beautiful crystal.

I thought it was odd that I couldn't come up with a name for him. Usually I come up with great names after a little while of having the animal. But, for some reason I was NEVER able to find one for this guy. I guess the "universe" knew he wouldn't be with me long...

Thanks

He definantly had a great home and keeper while he was with you! Good luck Freckles! Maybe a replacement would cheer you up! chondro???

BPnet Veteran Kesslers Kreatures's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh i am so sorry for your loss. Were all here for you.
    Lewie

0.1 Girlfriend
    5.13 Ball Pythons
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boas

Thanks

I'm so sorry...he was beautiful. I know you take great care of your animals so I'm sure you've bonded with them all.
    Other Herps:
    6.20 Bearded Dragons (Hypos, Trans, Leathebacks, Reds, etc.), 1.1 Knob Tail Geckos
    Other:
    0.1 Mini American Eskimos, 1.0 Chihuahuas, 0.1 Terrier Mixes, 1.0 Chihuahua/Toy Fox Terrier Mixes
    1.0 Double Rex, 0.1 Beige Ruby Eyed Dumbo, 0.1 Hairless PEW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast