Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,006

0 members and 2,006 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Personal Introduction from Chris at Rare Pythons

hi everyone!

Judy was kind enough to let me share in some conversation on the forums so I figured I'd start with an intro. I mainly breed ball pythons, mice, rats, soft furs, and all that jazz. I've never really gotten into other reptiles, and originally got into BP's for the money, but I've really gotten into the hobby and truly enjoy them.

I also have a Fennec Fox named Yoshi and am in the Niagara Falls, NY area.

I've been attacked several times on BOI at Fauna, so since it didn't seem like an open/friendly environment I figured I'd pop in and say Hi here.

Anyways...take care!

Chris

Thanks

Re: Personal Introduction from Chris at Rare Pythons

You were told you were misrepresenting animals and that you should fix the problems that you were being told about. You tried to play ignorant of the fact, and you were called out on it.
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mooingtricycle For This Useful Post:

broadude (12-25-2008),OhBalls (12-25-2008),Shadera (12-25-2008),Wild Bill (12-25-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Ok, I know what a wolf in sheep's clothing looks like but what do you call a jellyfish in a chordate suit?
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

mooingtricycle (12-25-2008),OhBalls (12-25-2008),Shadera (12-25-2008)

Thanks

Here's the thread in question: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=123731

While some of us were a bit blunt, you were in no way "attacked." In fact, I asked for pics.

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to broadude For This Useful Post:

mooingtricycle (12-25-2008),OhBalls (12-25-2008),Shadera (12-25-2008)

Thanks

People selling off overpriced freshly WC normals as morphs usually do get bitten over there. Especially when you stick your head in the sand and refuse to answer justified questions.

Lots of the folks over there are here as well. The internet really isn't such a huge place.

But for what it's worth, welcome.
    `*`

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooingtricycle View Post
    You were told you were misrepresenting animals and that you should fix the problems that you were being told about. You tried to play ignorant of the fact, and you were called out on it.
    I did fix the problem. I removed the animals in question as soon as I posted pics and that what I was told they were not Desert Ghosts. I bought out Millenium Morphs from Adam/Mike, and they told me the animals were Desert Ghosts worth $5,000 each. They also told me the Red Paradigm was a special, and a few others. As soon as it came to my attention that they were just light normals I took them down immediately.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
    People selling off overpriced freshly WC normals as morphs usually do get bitten over there. Especially when you stick your head in the sand and refuse to answer justified questions.

Lots of the folks over there are here as well. The internet really isn't such a huge place.

But for what it's worth, welcome.
    I didn't stick my head in the sand. When questioned about the animals I said..ok let me post video/pics and if everyone says they aren't Ghosts I'll remove them...which I did. I have over 100 posts basically answering all BOI questions and politely refuting outright claims of fraud which were unjustified.

I do also feel I was attacked on the BOI over the 200 pages worth of threads. I had people even take personal shots at my father's appearance in one of the responses. I wasn't referring to being attacked b/c of the Ghost not being a Ghost issue...that's fine and a legitimate concern. I'm referring to the posts saying things like *F this guy and such that I reported for being vulgar and out of place in the classifieds.

thank you for the welcome

Thanks

pasted from your site:

This juvenile is a possible het pied female. She has the 'possible' het pied markers. As a matter of practice we will NOT EVER sell animals listed as 'TRUE' hets, as we never want to have our reputation questioned over such an issue. As such all of our hets are ONLY listed as possible. She is eating well on small mice and should gain weight quickly.
    seems kind of fishy to me

oh yea werent you a member here before claiming to be doing some genetics work
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 12-27-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RarePythons View Post
    I did fix the problem. I removed the animals in question as soon as I posted pics and that what I was told they were not Desert Ghosts. I bought out Millenium Morphs from Adam/Mike, and they told me the animals were Desert Ghosts worth $5,000 each. They also told me the Red Paradigm was a special, and a few others. As soon as it came to my attention that they were just light normals I took them down immediately.

Hope you didn't pay that for them, since they look like light normals to me. For your own reference, compare the animals you were calling Desert Ghosts to this animal that IS a Desert Ghost:

You should be able to clearly see the difference.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabernet For This Useful Post:

Beardedragon (12-26-2008),broadude (12-25-2008)

Thanks

Lovely animal!

now back on topic...

How old are you, to buy out a business..yet do no research on the morphs?

"Price has very little to do with QUALITY. Quality stands on its own merit and doesn't need a hefty price tag to prove its worth."

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast