Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,380

2 members and 3,378 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

View Poll Results: What is the longest you left your bp unattended?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never more than a day

31 13.72%
  • 1-2 days

39 17.26%
  • 3-4 days

44 19.47%
  • 5-6 days

38 16.81%
  • 7-9 days

52 23.01%
  • 10+ days

22 9.73%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: What is the longest amount of time you have left your BP and enclosure unattended

I put 1-2 days, when I spend the night at a friends house or something, but I always call home to have somebody check on her.

But that doesn't count this summer when I went on vacation for 5 weeks... but she wasn't "unattended", of course. I let a friend take care of her, and I got almost daily email and voicemail updates.

Thanks

Re: What is the longest amount of time you have left your BP and enclosure unattended

im going for 7 days, im sure my bp's will be fine

Thanks

I have left mine for upto 14 days (summer holidays) but always arrange for someone, usually my son, to check them out every other day, and feed my tropical fish.

Thanks

just returned from a 5 day trip to NC and everyone was fine but hungry!! im super glad!

Thanks

I can't be gone for more than one day, I have rodents to care for, and the pups at home too. If not for the pups and rodents I may be able to go as much as 3-4 days without getting too worried.

Thanks

I generally check everyone once a day, just to make sure they have clean water and nothing disgusting in their enclosures.
    2 days is about my limit for how long I think I'd be able to leave them unattended without starting to stress... I know they'd be fine for a week or so, but I really wouldn't be able to leave them that long... especially this time of year.

Thanks

Just got back from a 9-day vacation. None of my family and friends will come to the house with the snakes there. So, the dog went to the nephew, the bird to the mother-in-law, the hamsters and fish are fine for 9 days - we've left them alone before. The fish has the automagic feeder. The ASF rats were about to have babies again, so I moved them to a super giant long tub, made the hopper twice as big, and put a huge water bottle. Fed all the snakes and left them all alone for 9 days. Got home and one of the ASF breeder was dead and buried in the corner. The snakes were good except the water dish was almost dry and one of the snakes pooped. Not sure what I could do with the rats. The dead one had no bite marks or anything - so must have had a heart attack or something. She was buried in almost 5 inches of bedding! I had a little over 2 inches of bedding all around and it seems like they dug up all the bedding in one corner, pushed the dead rat in it and then piled a lot of bedding on top. It was sad because she was a pet.
    ----------------------------------
    BP owner since Oct 2008, so yeah, I'm no expert.
    0.1.0 pastel bp
    1.0.0 spider bp
    0.1.0 albino bp
    1.0.0 bumblebee bp
    1.0.0 yellowbelly bp
    0.0.1 normal bp
    1.0.0 normal western hognose

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Thanks

well at least she had a fitting burial !

Thanks

I check my animals almost daily, sometimes i skip a day or two here and there, but mostly, im always just checking for poop and urates, or anything that might need cleaning. I dont like my enclosures to get dirty for even a little while, the snakes dont have anywhere to go so id prefer that they dont crawl around in it, if i can help it ASAP.
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

Thanks

well ill be gone on foreign exchange this summer... 9 weeks... to Costa Rica.
    but my best friend will be keeping my 2 so theyll be in good hands
    0.1 normal BP Bagheera
    1.0 Butterscotch Ghos *unnamed*
    1.0 50/50 California King Mowgli

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast