Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,260

2 members and 2,258 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Need some perspective (gore)

I am pretty angry about something, which means I am probably not seeing things clearly. I would like some of the folks here with tabula rasa to review the situation and tell me if I'm being unreasonable.

The following photo is of a snake that is currently in the condition depicted in the photograph:

The person who has this snake now claims to have "rescued it from the freezer" - as in a guy at a petshop left a rat in with this snake and was going to freeze it when he discovered her in this condition. The "rescuer" took the snake home and has rinsed her wounds with betadine, but not taken the snake to the vet for pain meds, ABs, or any other kind of evaluation or treatment. The list of excuses for this is a mile long. She is online asking strangers for treatment advice but completely ignores calls for the animal to be taken to the hospital.

Is it just me or is this... abhorrent beyond belief? Am i just being emotive? Should this snake just... be allowed to try to heal itself with no treatment or pain meds? I just can't get over that someone would allow an animal to suffer like this. I said in a fit of anger that i'd like to call animal control on this person, and they offered their address so i could do it. I am afraid AC would laugh at me if i did it, and it would be horribly awkward all the while "hi, i was online and someone was being mean to a snake". like... wtf.

Please tell me i'm not crazy

What, if anything, can i do?? I am so upset...
    Last edited by rabernet; 12-19-2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Fixing picture
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Need some perspective (gore)

That is the WORST rat damage I have ever seen.

That snake needs extensive veterinary care, or needs to be put down.

That is HORRIBLE.

But, there is very little that you can do... Unless this woman gets the hint.

Pray??
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyOhh For This Useful Post:

Crazy4Herps (02-15-2009)

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

-Bites her bottom lip and wipes away her tears.-

Just...someone save that poor snake. Please. If I found that snake, I'd have dropped everything and taken him/her to the vet. I'd have paid anything I could to take care of it. I'd have just...omfg. What kind of a human being tries to take care of an animal like that with no experience? I can't even type I'm crying so hard. It's breaking my heart. How can anyone be so blind?

I'd call animal control. I'd call the police. I'd call a nearby vet. I'd do whatever I could, but I don't know how to get hold of these people and where this person lives.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Melicious For This Useful Post:

Crazy4Herps (02-15-2009)

Thanks

That is terrible. That snake needs a vet and fast!!!

Thanks

Is anyone in Michigan who can go help?!?!
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic6096_1.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by BT41042 View Post
    Your going to Hell

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Morphie For This Useful Post:

Artistry Exotics (01-17-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,370 Times in 943 Posts

I am beyond words

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

If you are emotional and angry beyond belief, you are totally in your right mind. As stated in a previous post, the snake needs to be taken to the vet for extensive work or be put down. Nothing less is acceptable.

That snake MIGHT be able to survive those wounds without vet care, but I would bet against it. It would be hard for me to believe that whoever is taking care of that snake will be able to prevent a fatal infection without a trip to the vet.

I can't believe people sometimes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Morphie View Post
    I am pretty angry about something, which means I am probably not seeing things clearly. I would like some of the folks here with tabula rasa to review the situation and tell me if I'm being unreasonable.

The following photo is of a snake that is currently in the condition depicted in the photograph:

The person who has this snake now claims to have "rescued it from the freezer" - as in a guy at a petshop left a rat in with this snake and was going to freeze it when he discovered her in this condition. The "rescuer" took the snake home and has rinsed her wounds with betadine, but not taken the snake to the vet for pain meds, ABs, or any other kind of evaluation or treatment. The list of excuses for this is a mile long. She is online asking strangers for treatment advice but completely ignores calls for the animal to be taken to the hospital.

Is it just me or is this... abhorrent beyond belief? Am i just being emotive? Should this snake just... be allowed to try to heal itself with no treatment or pain meds? I just can't get over that someone would allow an animal to suffer like this. I said in a fit of anger that i'd like to call animal control on this person, and they offered their address so i could do it. I am afraid AC would laugh at me if i did it, and it would be horribly awkward all the while "hi, i was online and someone was being mean to a snake". like... wtf.

Please tell me i'm not crazy

What, if anything, can i do?? I am so upset...
    I removed the picture because seeing it once was to much. I think if you have the address then you should call animal control for sure. If this moron is so stupid that they will not help this animal then some one must help. She is not saving the snake she is destroying it slowly
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoax For This Useful Post:

Alexandra V (02-01-2011),broadude (12-18-2008)

Thanks

i saw this ... I simply cant believe this person thinks the snake dosent need to see the vet!! gosh i took my dog in today, it was an emergency appt, for a tummy ache. I got her a shot for pain, one for the pukies, and fluids .... Why would that person EVER think that poor snake doesn't need or deserve pain meds at the very least!! If that persons arm looked like that snakes back they would be at the ER!! it's horrible just horrible!! UGH!!

I actually read the whole post over there ... I wanted to rip that person a new one but I think you did a better job than I could have I don't see why you shouldn't call animal control! honestly people call CPS because of things they saw on you tube .... this person ADMITS to not taking that poor thing to the vet! Call animal control report the snake and ask for an email addy and screen shot their posts!! At the VERY least AC will require a trip to the vet and will demand proof of the visit.
    Ok I am gonna give this a try ...
    0.0.1 Boa (Avy)
    2.1 Parakeets (Greenday, Rhapsody in Blue, and Nimbus)
    1.0 Red eared slider (Sal)
    0.1 Mutt (Yorkie Jack Russel mix) (Sybil)
    0.1 Rabbit (Baily bunny)
    1.0 Hubby (Micah)
    1.1 Kids (Ethan and Alex)

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Need some perspective (gore)

God that's awful,send that person to jail for animal cruelty!

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast