Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,775

2 members and 2,773 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

OT - Got a new Horse for my sister and pics of the others (DUW)

I know I haven’t been online very much, but life lately has been very busy for me, working, chores, working with the horses, spoiling my snakes, holidays and the holidays, and etc.

Anywho, my lil sister got an early X-mas present, his name is Sammy, he is a Mustang/Quarter horse mix. We got him from a family not 3 minutes away from us, and when we did get him we was in bad shape, they had him and two mares in a pasture no bigger than a 1/4 of an acre. And even though Sammy is dead broke, he is also under-worked his front legs had wrinkles from the lack of muscle tone, and they had the horses on sweet feed!

Anyways, he now has more than plenty of room to run around, and we slowly but surely got him off the sweet feed. I am also working with him to get him back in shape by walking him up and down some pain-in-the-butt hills, and eventually I’ll start running him and then eventually I’ll get my sister to get her butt up and make her run. She is alil scared of the horse because he freaked out when we loaded on the trailer, and by freaked, I mean he reared up and was completely off the ground and ended up falling on his side, he is fine. Turns out he had NEVER been on any hard surfaces before, the woman who owned him said he been on a trailer before but that is clearly a lie and we ripped her a new ***hole because of that. By the way, one of our neighbors came with us and bought one of the mares that he was with.

And here is Pharaoh, he is doing SOOOOO MUCH BETTER! When we first got him he had NO fur on his neck and belly, it was all scabbed and flakely from an allergic reaction to bug bites that he itched and itched, now he has made a FULL recovery, and he has stopped with the head banging non-sense. (Throwing his head all over the place when you grab him by the alter.)

And here is my spoiled wonder, Koda, he is obviously doing good, we found out why his right hine leg was so stiff, turns out he has a small case of arthritis, it doesnt really affect him much at all, but I dont think we’ll be riding him, but we are going to try our best to keep him in shape.

Thanks

Re: OT - Got a new Horse for my sister and pics of the others (DUW)

awe they are so fuzzy!!! congrats on the new member. The new horse is cute.. is he trained under saddle??? sorry to hear about the trailer, how frustrating. have you tried maybe doing some natural horse-man-ship with him?

Thanks

Nice horses! What was wrong with feeding them sweet feed?

Thanks

it makes some horses "hot" and it contains a lot of sugars.... helps with picky eaters though to add a handful or two. its just not the *best* depending on what brand feed it is. Its mostly garbage.. at least the type thats in our barn

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ADEE For This Useful Post:

Jyson (01-09-2009)

Thanks

What beautiful horses! I love the colors on the paint. Your sisters horse is going to be a stud when he gets some muscle going on! ^_^
    ~ Shannon

1.2 normal bp ~ Lilly (06) ~ Delilah (09) ~ Joey (06)
    1.0 cinnamon bp ~ Doughnut (08)
    1.0 mojave bp ~ Jay (08)
    0.1 pastel bp ~ Patsy (09)
    2.0 cats ~ Lil Bit (08) ~ Toby (08)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tweets_4611 For This Useful Post:

Jyson (01-09-2009)