Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,984

0 members and 2,984 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Im Sorry...

Thanks

Im Sorry...

Im sorry for all the small, little mistakes i made that everyone decides to judge us for... We aren't adults like everyone else on this forum and we are trying to do the best we can. What do you expect from us when we are getting hit with nasty comments for MISTAKES! You guys even said it in your nasty comments that they were "MISTAKES!" We will try to be a lot more professional from here on in, as long as you guys don't become know it alls with us and expect us to know as much as GOD about these beautiful creatures....

Thankyou for your Time & Advice ,

Brandon & Danny
    -DBD Reptiles

YouTube - FEEDING! 11/29/08

Thanks

Re: Im Sorry...

mistakes happen, and we're all here to learn (and no not everyone on this site is an adult). you should really listen to people's advice because there ARE people here that know a LOT and all they're doing is trying to make sure that you guys will succeed, but leaving nasty replies doesn't make others want to buy your snakes.

just a thought...

Thanks

I wouldnt call them all small, some comments you made on youtube were pretty hurtful and shows alot about your character.
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

The problem is, your jumping into this, and your going to get hurt. That's all we were trying to tell you, but when we alert you of your mistakes, you freak, swear, and completely ruin your reputation.
    A lot of the reptile world is watching this forum. If you want to make it up, you have a lot of work to do. Saying the slightest disrespectful thing, even to someone being rude to you, is not the proper way to handle a situation.

But, for the sake of your animals, I will highly suggest that you ask questions, and read our caresheet. If you breed or not, it still matters to know how to currently take care of the animals that you have.

If your truly sorry, you will take my advice to heart, and work on your husbandry and manners.

A couple of mistakes that you might want to look into.
    -Ditch the log hides, and get some tight, one opening hides.
    -For tough eaters, cover up sides of the cage with dark paper, and make sure to use a proper heat gradient. Feeding IN the enclosure is also a good idea.
    -Try to be more professional, no naked posters, swearing, ext.
    -Learn breeding ages and weights, if you do not, your snakes could be killed in the breeding process.

Other tips I can give you is to..
    -Keep a proper heat gradient with Under Tank Heaters and a thermostat.
    -Avoid heat lamps for the main heat source.
    -Keep the newspaper or paper towels. No sand, cedar, or pine. Aspen is good too.
    -Two hides per cage, one on warm side, one on cool.
    -Don't house snakes together unless its for a very short period for breeding.

Good luck.
    Last edited by blackcrystal22; 12-09-2008 at 10:26 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackcrystal22 For This Useful Post:

filly77 (12-09-2008),RichardA (12-09-2008)

Thanks

I dont watch the youtube vids from anyone here. All but the one Adam has showing off his facility, mainly cuz I like to get ideas from fellow keepers/breeders.

That being said I didnt watch the vids you posted. So I have no comment on them. Just be honest and up front and people will help you out around this place.....lots of good people here.

Thanks

your not sorry your attempting to defaud period!
    you have stole ppls pics for use on your site for animals which you dont have and trying to claim something which you will never be.
    also your care sheet on your site is b.s. alot of miss information period!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beardedragon View Post
    I wouldnt call them all small, some comments you made on youtube were pretty hurtful and shows alot about your character.
    I dont want to keep this going but I do agree about it showing his character, hopefully he will prove us wrong tho and do a complete 360.

Moving on.. Is everyone ready for xmas? lol
    0.1 ♥♥♥Mojave, Peyote ♥♥♥
    1.0 Pastave,
    1.0 Ghost, Marley
    1.0 Pastel Male, Houdini
    0.2 Normals, Violet & Indigo
    1.1 Het Hypos, Striker & Charger
    1.0 German Shepherd Dog, Apollo
    0.1 Chihuahua, Brooklyn
    0.2 Min Pins, Isis & Vixen
    0.2 Cats, Spook and Miffy
    0.0.3 Super Blue Dendrobates Auratus
    rats, 0.2 'tiels, ~sings~ and a partridge in a pear tree..
    ~RIP Ekektra we miss you every second of the day 5/27/09 - 7-04-10~

Fairfax, Virginia; Originally from San Antonio, Texas.
    Thanks

-Whimpers.- I threw up a little in my mouth watching that feeding video. Please stop whacking your snakes in the face with the rat. PLEASE. That is completely inappropriate.
    Melanie Ryan Seals

2.2 Royal Pythons; Hadrian(het. albino), Lucius(het. hypo), Ophelia(normal) and Regan(het. albino).
    1.0 Homo sapien boyfriendidus; Nick AKA Daddy.s

Thanks

I didn't see him whacking any of the snakes in the face. Let's not jump down anyone's throats. The only thing in that video that I saw which was inappropriate was the "work out session" at the beginning. For a "fun" video, no problem; who cares? But if you're going to go professional, then don't include things like that.

Also, and this is my main point ...

You're better off feeding them in their own enclosures! By taking them out of the enclosures to feed, you're taking them out of their element and making them nervous. They're not going to want to eat then. There's no reason to feed them outside their enclosure. It doesn't make them more bitey. Also, you NEED to get some more stuff in those tubs. They are far too big for snakes that size, so you need to make up for it by putting things in there for them to hide under. If you've really done your research, then you'll know that the number one reason a ball python refuses to eat is that it isn't comfortable in it's enclosure. You need to do something about that ASAP.

Please look over the caresheets here and just double-check everything that you've got going. Don't be afraid to ask questions. If people see you're making an effort to set things right, they will be more than happy to help. Please don't let this be a battle of wits or pride. Just be open-minded to what others have to say. Granted, there will be some very negative comments. Please look beyond that and see if there is any useful information in what they have to say.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LaFilleClochette View Post
    mistakes happen, and we're all here to learn (and no not everyone on this site is an adult). you should really listen to people's advice because there ARE people here that know a LOT and all they're doing is trying to make sure that you guys will succeed, but leaving nasty replies doesn't make others want to buy your snakes.

just a thought...
    thankyou for your advice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast