Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,052

2 members and 3,050 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

heating rack problem

Hi all, just wondering if anyone could help. I recently made a 3 tub rack and am having trouble with the heating. My room temperature is at 68f at night/74 in the day.I am running a 22w belly heat on the bottom shelve and a 20w on the one above that and im only being able to reach 82f.Im using paper towls as substrate and have made a curtain to see if that would help but it only raised it a little.Any help would be much appreciated as been pulling my hair out for the past week. Would possibly drilling some holes in the bottom of the tub help or would i just be ruining a good tub. pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze help

1.1.0 normal ball python

Thanks

Re: heating rack problem

What exactly are the heat sources??? What if any do you have controlling them tstat wise, if so where do you have the tstat probe located? What material is the rack made of? I can probably help you, as soon as the above questions are answered. Actually could you provide a pic of the rack and the heat sources?

Thanks

Re: heating rack problem

ive got the therm probe bout 2 inch from belly heat possitioned in the tub(belly under tub tho). i used melamine for the wood and the size of my tubs a 42. sos camera aint working at the mo.im using 22w heat mat on the bottom shelf and 20w on the shelf above sos i didnt explain myself properly.