Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 4,014

2 members and 4,012 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Packaging Services Application

Im trying to go threw the steps to get fed-x certifeid. I got my packaging services application and have filled it out. Do just stick the label on the outside of the over box and the package inside? Do I have to use an over box. Or Do I just pack it like i was shipping an snake and stick the service app in one of the platsic folders on the outside of the test package. Or do I have to go to fedx and print out a shipping label. It has the fedx address on the bottm of the app and says attach this to the outside of the package.

Thanks for the help.

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Packaging Services Application

Well have you gotten in touch with Package Design to get the non revenue shipping account?

Have you gotten in touch with your Fed-Ex account Rep to notify them that your sending a box for testing? You'll need your Reps name as reference to get non revenue account number

You do have to have an over box.

and there are some particulars that your account rep will explain as to how to ship the test box.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    Well have you gotten in touch with Package Design to get the non revenue shipping account?

Have you gotten in touch with your Fed-Ex account Rep to notify them that your sending a box for testing? You'll need your Reps name as reference to get non revenue account number

You do have to have an over box.

and there are some particulars that your account rep will explain as to how to ship the test box.
    They told me to just check the box for receiver to pay when I shipp it out. She told me to put the packing and Services Application on the outside of both boxes.(I read a few places you did not have to)So I think I going to go the over box way. Do I need a shpping label on the over box or the test package or just the servcie app I guess is my question. I have tried getting ahold of my rep Two times now. Im going to try again.

Thanks for the help

Thanks
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Conan247;932009]They told me to just check the box for receiver to pay when I shipp it out. </quote>
    Yes you do check that but it will ask you what account number to charge for shipping if you don't enter one you my be denied.

She told me to put the packing and Services Application on the outside of both boxes.(I read a few places you did not have to)So I think I going to go the over box way.
    I was told to put it in the over box.

Do I need a shpping label on the over box or the test package or just the servcie app I guess is my question.
    Yes you have to have a shipping label on the over box only and you'll need to send it to the address on the Services Application. See there are things that you may not have been told like it has to be sent 2nd day or you get charged. You have to enter the Non Revenue account number or you get charged. There are certain things that you have to have on the test box other wise they don't even test it they just deny it.
    Also they test the bag/what ever you are going to use to hold the reptile so you'll need to send a mock up of that to.

Basically you need to fix the test box the exact same way you would to ship a reptile just without the animal. Include everything you would use.

I have tried getting ahold of my rep Two times now. Im going to try again.

Thanks for the help
    Best of luck Mine has been a gym to deal with they call me right back and have kept me up on the testing process.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban

Thanks

where can i get this application from??? thanks

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MDB View Post
    where can i get this application from??? thanks
    Fedex

You need to start an account, and then contact your rep...
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

You dont have to overbox, though they do want you to.

I didnt do the non-revenue account and I pay less then most wholesale companies per shipment.

http://www.fedex.com/us/services/pac...ckageservices/ Towards the bottom is the application. You need your account number first, but no rep needed to get it done. I talked to my rep LONNNNGGGG after getting approved.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

You dont have to overbox, though they do want you to.
    Everything I am reading says that you have to. Please remember folks Fed-ex allows us to use their service lets provide them with what they request to ship and so that there is no question

I didn't do the non-revenue account and I pay less then most wholesale companies per shipment.
    Your right its not needed but it keeps you from having to pay to ship the test box.
    http://www.fedex.com/us/services/pac...ckageservices/ Towards the bottom is the application. You need your account number first, but no rep needed to get it done. I talked to my rep LONNNNGGGG after getting approved.
    Your right you don't have to get in touch with your account rep up front but it cuts down on the lag time between when your test box gets approved and when you get the legal paperwork to sign.

Getting in touch with your rep gives them a heads up so they can be getting the paper work together while your getting the test box done.

Hope this helps clear up some of the confusion

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
    Fedex

You need to start an account, and then contact your rep...
    thank you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    Your right its not needed but it keeps you from having to pay to ship the test box.
    You dont pay for the shipping at all to get it tested.....You just print off the application addy and put bill receiver. They even give you the account number to bill it to.

This process costs you zero dollars to complete. And it is far more simple then a lot of people give it credit for. Ship the box, they ship it back, call your rep, sign the papers. Takes around a week total, if that.