Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,998

1 members and 2,997 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Newest update on repster.

i seen this on another forum a minute ago so i figured id post it. im not sure if it has been posted here yet but here is what i seen.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ssscales
    I guess I will post here since this is the most viewed thread, and most eyes are on it waiting for anything on the Reptster shipping.

Here it is as bluntly and straight forward as I can put it for everyone. David wants out of Reptster! (ya dont say.... cant imagine why) He has two other business ventures and Reptster no longer holds anything for him. (ya dont say.... cant imagine why)This is why we do not see David posting here at a time when he should be living here! He has wanted to move on to other things and while he continued to work with UPS and the programmers on/off. He simply does not feel like dealing with the site any more. Regardless, David is not happy with the site and wants out! David and I spoke this afternoon and before he calls it quits and lets it go, he asked me if I wanted the site?

This is something we have discussed now for a few days as a co-ownership agreement. I recently decided I did not want to take this on as a co-owner due to all the baggage and pending issues associated with Reptster/David along with other issues. I stepped down as forum Admin on Sunday and was done. I posted a thread here announcing my stepping down as Admin, but somehow it miraculously disappeared...

Anyways; I just thought you all should know where things are and where the site stands. I believe you all deserve some information. Many of you on/off the site are waiting for any update regarding to shipping. I just read and posted this morning that FedEx will be raising rates 7% next year. So I can see where many of you are concerned with shipping costs.

I was considering taking on the site, but decided not to! In light of David's decision to step away completly from the site I may once again consider taking this on. I have no idea what this means! Nor by no means am I saying yes just yet! BEFORE I make any decision! I need to see what exactly I'm dealing with and if there is any hope here?! I had made some demands such as to see the UPS contract/agreement myself. Ask to speak with the programmer and see the status of the UPS program myself. Asked to speak with UPS rep handling Reptster myself! I would like to see where this is REALLY at and if I decide to keep the site, do I want to take this on or cut it loose?! I love Reptster and the concept it was! I just don't like where it has gone, or how things have been handled around here and the direction it has taken!

As mentioned above, I am not making any decision yet! I have a lot to evaluate and consider, work load, costs, expenses, maintenance, upgrades, what to keep, what to cut, etc, etc. Question whether I want this or not?!

I may decide after looking at everything involved and everything on the table; that I want no part of this! I may decide just to keep the site, maintain the site itself, and build it w/out any of the shipping. I want to see everything on UPS before considering following through with UPS and providing that service. Maybe even go back to FedEx at some point to posibly have both online? I have ZERO experience at all dealing with any of this! I have ZERO programming skills and can barely use Excel! I have ZERO knowledge of UPS/FedEx other than how to prepare and ship my own packages! There is a lot of work to be done here!

All I know is; David wants out and Reptster is no longer a part of his focus or agenda. The question on the table is, will I take this on and if I do, at what level do I want to keep it? Or do we just keep posting away here until the hosting company shuts Reptster down for lack of payment and/or communication in 1-3MO?

I just wanted to think out loud here and update you all on the situation with Reptster and at the same time get your input. I already reached out to a few for their advise on this topic. If I decide this is too much for me to handle; I will tell you ASAP and also let you know what you're looking at. If I decide to take this on; I will also keep you posted on what we're dealing with and may even ask for some help from some of you more program savvy members out there.

At the moment I am simply trying to get as much out of David as I can to make a conscious decision. As some of you can imagine this is not always easy! It's like asking that employee/co-worker for that monthly report; who hated their job and is also leaving next week for a better paying job elsewhere!

I'll keep you all posted one way or the other from my end, but this is pretty much where the site stands as of today. I'm not speaking for Reptster and have no idea what is going on; other than there will be some changes one way or another.

Thanks

Re: Newest update on repster.

wow.................thats some big news.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

i thought it was also lol, so when i seen it i posted here also for people that doesnt visit many other forums to see what is supposively going on or said at the moment.

Thanks

wow...............

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

[music] Go on, take the money and run....doot doot doo! [/music]
    Augie 1.0.0 Lemon Pastel BP
    Rio 1.0.0 South Brazilian BCA
    Blaze 0.1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Thanks

The first thing I would do is contact a business attorney and find out how deep you could get with this. Get a business statement from Dave, talk to your bank, and ask Dave to provide you with transaction records so you know how much it will cost for the boxes, and other shipping supplies that he has ordered, or would order.
    Find out how many pending outgoing orders there are, on average how many orders per month and the monthly expenditures/to income ratio.
    Try to get a business plan, and also find out what Dave is willing to do to help you.
    IF he isn't willing to give over financial records. You will be up a creek with out a paddle.
    You can create a similar service if you want.
    I would also consult a business manager or an accountant to see what you would be up against trying to do it with out that "name brand", or with out help from Dave.
    You may be able to get a small business loan or grant, and there are ones specifically for women and minorities.
    But before jumping in this, be educated, know what you are up against, and see if you can do it from scratch. Find out if UPS or Fed Ex will do the same discount OR if DHL or another carrier will do the discount.
    Hope this helps.
    Carol

BPnet Senior Member Brandon Osborne's Avatar
    Thanks

DHL is no longer shipping in the U.S. They announced a layoff of 9,000 workers and will stop all domestic shipping as of January 2009. I wouldn't use them if it was absolutely necessary.
    Brandon Osborne

Like Osborne Reptiles on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/osbornereptiles
    Take a look at our website!
    www.osbornereptiles.com

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

newest infi of today is gerry will not be taking over repster.

ssscales

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:06 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must apologize as this will be my last post on this site. I will not be taking any part of Reptster nor do I want to be associated with it at this time. Good luck to everyone!

As mentioned in my "Last day as Admin thread"....this has nothing to do with the members here as you all have been great! I could not ask for a better group of friends!

If anyone wants to contact me they can reach me at: gerry@ssscales.com

Thanks

WOW! My how the things have come full circle! I'm surprised I didnt know about this until now.

Thanks

Quite shocking. Im really surprised there isnt more info on this site about it.

I think that this is a major blow to most "small time" breeders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast