Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,754

3 members and 2,751 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Holy crapola...Innova Evo Red Meat

Ok, so I know alot of us bp.netters feed our dogs Innova Evo, well I just got back from my semi monthly doggie grocery shopping and wouldn't ya know Innova's done went and raised their prices AGAIN.

*begin vent*

Today I paid $68.39 plus tax for a 28lb bag!!!!!!

Kinda think thats about crossing the line for me. Don't get me wrong I LOVE EVO, and I LOVE MY DOGGIES. But come on, how can I keep up with buying that little of a bag (which might I add, is their BIGGEST bag ) and expect that to feed 4 hungry arse pitbulls. That wouldn't even last a week in my house.

Granted I do get 20% off that price, and I have been mixing it with other brands such as Canidae, Diamond, or Soild Gold. But I just can't keep shelling out $70+ dollairs on one little bag of food a few times a month.

Ok. Ok.

*vent over*

So I just thought I'd make a thread, to see what others think about their price increase, and ask how much ya'll are paying for your Evo?

Thanks

Re: Holy crapola...Innova Evo Red Meat

You're not the only one thinking that. I have been trying to figure out what to do myself. I don't want to go down in quality, but the prices are killing me. With 2 dogs, total weight of almost 200 lbs, the food goes quickly. I have checked out other brands, from Wellness Core, to Fromm but the prices are about the same. Still angry with Canidae changing the formula since that is what they were on before I switched/why I switched to Evo. That was a bit less expensive.
    The store I buy it from, it is buy 12 bags get one free. So I only need to spend somewhere around $750 to get a free bag
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    2.0 Off Track Thoroughbreds
    0.3 human kids
    1.0 Boyfriend who puts up with the craziness

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catawhat75 View Post
    You're not the only one thinking that. I have been trying to figure out what to do myself. I don't want to go down in quality, but the prices are killing me. With 2 dogs, total weight of almost 200 lbs, the food goes quickly. I have checked out other brands, from Wellness Core, to Fromm but the prices are about the same. Still angry with Canidae changing the formula since that is what they were on before I switched/why I switched to Evo. That was a bit less expensive.
    The store I buy it from, it is buy 12 bags get one free. So I only need to spend somewhere around $750 to get a free bag
    Good Gawd!!! Well at least your store gives you that. That's something I guess. LOL

I'm lucky enough to get 20% off, but still most customers do not, and honestly I just cannot see how I can keep feeding EVO.

I was going to just switch over to Canidae. Although today the guy who helped me at the store told me they changed their formula, raised their prices, and discontinued making the 40lb bag.

Just curious though, what kind of changes did they make? How did it effect the food in your circumstance?

Thanks

Oh no

I don't want to hear about dog food prices going up!
    I need to switch my lab yet again. He is having major food allergies. Canidae is the the only thing I have found that doesn't have eggs in it.
    My poor boy is just miserable. I have been through about every type of high quality dog food.

I am at my wits end, I figure with what I am going to be paying I might just switch to a raw diet!
    Kristina Rogers
    http://www.myspace.com/kristinarogers
    1.0 Ball Python
    1.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Pastel BCI
    0.1 Beardie (Pop Tart)

Thanks

I hear ya...

I have a Rottie (125 pounds) and am getting a Kangal pup in a couple of weeks and then another Kangal in 6 months (Kangal Dogs get about 135-150 pounds)...

I continue to give the Cannidae and also give raw meat and raw bones every day to round out their doggie needs.

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

I forget the changes, but the bag looked no different than it did before the switch. Just all the sudden my boys started getting ALOT more flatulent and my oldest didn't want to touch it hardly at all. I didn't even know about the change until someone posted it on a pet sitting board I belong to. I know they took the meat content down and added more icky fillers. I am seriously considering raw if I can find someone close by willing to split costs.

Starmom, awesome! I have never seen a Kangla in real life. Must post TONS of pictures, pretty please.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    0.3 human kids

Thanks

Yeah, I'm really excited about the Kangals! These will be the foundation female and male for all of the rest of the LGD's at the ranch. Pup is 4 weeks now and should ship around December 15ish. Totally excited!! Been waiting 9.5 years to get these animals!!!

I will be sure to post pictures---in fact, y'all will be yelling at me to stop taking up all the bandwidth!!!

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

BARF is the best anyway.

Thanks

Know full well that Raw/Barf is the best but not always feasible.
    1.1 crazy dogs
    4.3 even crazier cats
    2.2 bps
    0.3 human kids

Thanks

We do raw for our 4 dogs and supplement with Evo red meat and canned tripe. They get the evo about once a week along with the tripe. I do it just in case I'm missing anything in the raw end of things, and there are days that I do training with my GSD where it's more convenient to feed them the Evo. I wouldn't want to feed it exclusively, it's way to expensive. But considering we go thru about 50lbs of raw meat a week, how much worse could it get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast