Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,771

1 members and 2,770 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Gettin Some Veil!

nice, they're a lot of fun... and surprisingly easy to keep. good luck with him!
    Colin Vestrand

long time keeper and breeder of carpet pythons and other snakes...

Thanks

Re: Gettin Some Veil!

Try and mist more often than once a day, two to three times where possible even with the dripper running.

I notice that she’s just a little dehydrated but otherwise looking great!

The thing about Chameleon care is that they are very vulnerable to stress. Although their general care needs are easily met in terms of misting, feeding, heat, light and enclosure, there are many smaller aspects that a chameleon keeper needs to be conscious of.

In this case we have a Female Veiled chameleon, Veild's are a hardy chameleon but do not (generally) respond well to handling. Females of the species are better to deal with than males, who can be very aggressive. Also one needs to be aware that there are breeding differences between chameleon species. Female veilds for example will produce a clutch of eggs regardless of whether or not a male has been introduced to fertilize the eggs. If this need isn't addressed with an area for the eggs to be laid as well as calcium dusted food the animal can become egg bound and die. A panther chameleon on the other hand will only produce clutches of eggs after procreation with a male of the species.

Some say chameleons are a look, don't touch type of pet. I disagree with this statement but each animal has a personality and will act differently toward its owner. Some will be passive and will run to you when you open a cage, where as another will try and bit the piss out of you any chance it gets.

I suggest anyone that wants a chameleon do some reading and jump in, some of the most rewarding reptiles I’ve had the luxury of owning.

Some site to check out are as follows:
    http://www.chameleonforums.com/
    http://www.chameleonsonline.com/
    http://www.screameleons.com/

Cheers,
    -kos
    "you're not going crazy, you're going sane in a crazy world"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12