Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,803

2 members and 2,801 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Well

Thanks

Well

Today the newest little joey and his dad (Monkey) are going to live with my aunt and cousins. Five sugar gliders is too many for me to handle, and I know they will get great care in their new home! I am of course keeping Moofy and Foofy and their mom!
    My cousin (Parker) had a rat (Jeff) for two years, he cleaned his cage EVERY week on time, took him out of the cage to play for at least 30 minuets every day, and took him to the vet I think twice. The rat eventually had a stroke, the vet couldn't do anything about it so they took the rat home and fed and watered him by hand until he passed since he wasn't mobile. That was the happiest rat I've ever come in contact with, and even though gliders are a little more advanced as far as husbandry go I think they can handle it. I'll be sad to see my gliders leave, but they'll only be living about 30 minuets away so I will be able to see them still.

Joey

Monkey

Thanks

Re: Well

Oh Edie....at least you can still go and visit them!

Thanks

Aww. At least you get to keep tabs on them, eh? They are adorable little buggers.

Cheers,
    Kat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Long View Post
    Oh Edie....at least you can still go and visit them!
    Quote Originally Posted by janeothejungle View Post
    Aww. At least you get to keep tabs on them, eh? They are adorable little buggers.

Cheers,
    Kat
    Yep, thats why I'm glad they could take them instead of some random person! They have been reading about the gliders for months now and they bought the cage/food ingredients/pouches/wheels all a couple weeks ago so they're going into a home that is ready for them. I'll have more time for Moofy now, he is really bonded to his sister who I kept so I don't think splitting the other gliders up will be too hard for them.

Thanks

They are adorable! Are gliders hard to keep?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Calift View Post
    They are adorable! Are gliders hard to keep?
    Whoa, sorry for the late reply! I didn't see this. Gliders are not hard to keep provided you do the research on them, but the research is hard and a lot of things involved with owning gliders can be deal breakers for potential owners - sometimes the potential owners do not do the research before hand and they end up with a pet they do not want. Gliders pee + poop whenever and wherever they please, they fling food outside of their cages, they need to be kept in at least pairs, they live in large cages which need to be cleaned frequently and it does take time, and the most accepted way for feeding them is by preparing a home made diet (HPW, BML, and others). I think that is most of the hard stuff, or at least the stuff that is hard to some.

My aunt has had them for a little while now and her and her family loves them, they did a ton of research, ordered all the supplies and made the food before hand, and now they are bonding with the gliders and apparently having a fun time doing so. The whole family is involved with the pair I gave them! They already ordered the gliders Christmas presents lol