Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,843

0 members and 2,843 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toys

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Toys

I have a 2 year old yellow lab, I cant find a single toy that he will not destroy within an hour. Kongs only last 10 mins. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Toys

skee balls
    "So far this is the oldest that I've been"
    'If you can make it through the nite, there's a brighter day'
    "I'm out the game, put the 2nd string in."
    "live with the pain and keep trying or die knowing you never gave anything a chance"
    "Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive"
    "No one can take away your dreams"

People for the Ethical Treatment of Agriculture

Thanks

A stronger Kong- like the black ones.
    I have a Rottie and he has yet to destroy the black Kong.

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

I have the same problem with Boner...I bought him a lawn tractor tire

And he loves it!

PS he has managed to chew threw 3 black kongs...took him a lot longer but he still got through it!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Things you're going to throw away anyhow. A gallon milk jug or empty 2-liter soda bottle. Make sure all caps and plastic rings are removed....and use only under direct supervision....take them away when the plastic starts to disintigrate. My dobie absolutely loves to toss and chase such things around.

Another fun "toy" that she hasn't been able to destroy: a 2.5 or 3 gallon water jug. It came with one of those water dishes where you fill the jug and then set it in the bowl for a long-term source of fresh water. Well....she figured out fairly early on that it's much more fun to knock the jug off it's bowl and chase around the sloshing, spilling mess. She can just get her jaws around the neck of it and the plastic is so thick and solid that she doesn't even leave teeth marks in it. (It's now strictly an outdoor endeavor! LOL) I fill it up and leave it out for her and she has a good hour playing in the water that she spills everywhere, then tries to carry the jug around the yard like a prize.
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starmom View Post
    A stronger Kong- like the black ones.
    I have a Rottie and he has yet to destroy the black Kong.
    They only last 20-30 mins before its in 100 pieces.

Plastic bottles last a few mins 5 at most before he is pulling off pieces and eating it!!!!!

Thanks

I have the same problem, my dobie will destroy any "indestructable" toys. So im always having to make my own. Some i save for when we are at the park, tennis balls and stuff. Otherwise he has a great time with ice cubes, and lazer lights. I tie up old socks all the time for tug toys, but that only works for about 15 minutes, then they are ripped to shreds. Now for chew toys the 8 inch nylabone has stuck threw, he still chews on it and its still in one piece. The worst part is when he decides he wants to chew on stuff he's not supposed too. Hes my baby though so i dont stay mad for more than a minute or so!

Thanks

how about a Galileo Bone by nylabone? its not really a "toy" but its GREAT for powerful chewers. I got 2 here and my GSD wont touch it because its so hard lol (wuss) Nylabone makes some other big chews but the hardest by far is the Galileo.

as for actual "toys", why not supervise play times? so your pooch can play with his toys but not destroy them, the fun last longer that way lol. Then when play times over pick them up. That's what i'd do if my dogs destroyed their toys that fast.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by filly77 View Post
    how about a Galileo Bone by nylabone? its not really a "toy" but its GREAT for powerful chewers. I got 2 here and my GSD wont touch it because its so hard lol (wuss) Nylabone makes some other big chews but the hardest by far is the Galileo.

as for actual "toys", why not supervise play times? so your pooch can play with his toys but not destroy them, the fun last longer that way lol. Then when play times over pick them up. That's what i'd do if my dogs destroyed their toys that fast.
    I have had some nylabone stuff that didnt last long at all, I havent tried that yet and I will pick one up!

Its not that we have to supervise him, he just plays so rough with them.

Thanks

When we had our pits, we got a couple of old 4-wheeler tires. They didn't actually play with them much, but we got the idea from the lady we got the pits from. Our puppies mom *loved* to pick them up and roll them, and when it rained, she had a ton of fun with the water that got stuck in them
    ~ Shannon

1.2 normal bp ~ Lilly (06) ~ Delilah (09) ~ Joey (06)
    1.0 cinnamon bp ~ Doughnut (08)
    1.0 mojave bp ~ Jay (08)
    0.1 pastel bp ~ Patsy (09)
    2.0 cats ~ Lil Bit (08) ~ Toby (08)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast