Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,243

2 members and 3,241 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: House pig

Thanks

House pig

So I reallyreallyreally like pigs. I think there adorable, I would like to keep one...in the house.

Anyone have any info on this?
    Do they get along with cats? (has a kitten)
    Someone keeps trying to access my accounts. Who are you? Just e-mail me, as that's clearly how you're finding me. Quit messing around.

Thanks

Re: House pig

I used to have a "house" pig back when I was in high school. He was potty trained and just as smart if not smarter than most dogs

He got along great with our dogs and I doubt you would have any issues with a cat. Gizmo used to share a bed with one of the dogs they were always cuddled up together.

If you want a "house" pig I say go for it! I would love to have another someday

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lenastorms View Post
    I used to have a "house" pig back when I was in high school. He was potty trained and just as smart if not smarter than most dogs

He got along great with our dogs and I doubt you would have any issues with a cat. Gizmo used to share a bed with one of the dogs they were always cuddled up together.

If you want a "house" pig I say go for it! I would love to have another someday
    In the town I used to live in there was a petshop who kept a pig. He lived mostly outside, but when it got chilly they brought him in and kept him behind the counter with there Great Dane. I'm pretty sure they also brought him in at night. He was always such a ham /pun
    Someone keeps trying to access my accounts. Who are you? Just e-mail me, as that's clearly how you're finding me. Quit messing around.

Thanks

My ex-GF had a room mate with a Pot belly pig. It was cute, but it would get hard on's all the time, then it would not retract and it would drag around on the ground collecting dust and sometimes even step on it! Disturbing to say the least ... lol.

Robin
    H2 Exotics

Thanks

We had a vietnamese pot bellied pig as a pet http://www.ansi.okstate.edu/breeds/s...elly/index.htm

His name was Wilbur, he was a fantastic pet and started acting like the dogs after awhile.

He ate with the dogs, came when called, went outside to use the bathroom fantastic animal all around.

* edit sorry old post that I realized was just brought back up

Registered User OzarkMountainBalls's Avatar
    Thanks

Good pet, but dont house him with a gigantic retic, he might be dinner!

Thanks

I use to live on a farm on my land on the reservation and we had alot of animals from pigs, goats, rabbits, chickens, geese, roosters, ducks, horses, a lamb and these baby emu's ( I think thats how you spell it) but the best kind of pig to get for a house pet is a potbelly or a royal dandie. I use to have one named Sissy. I got her when she was really tiny, I had to bottle feed her which is what you should do is get one small enough to bottle feed ( I even bottle fed the kids which are baby goats and my lamb Georgey ). Id prefer a runt because some people kill them anyway but when their that tiny their alot easier to train and treat just like a baby and get em use to your other pets. They do eat dog food, never feed them slop (table leftovers) because thats just getting them to be like an outside pig and you can show em tricks just like a dog. Its pretty much like raising a dog or a little kid and they do have to get shots, etc. Dont ever intoduce them to mud though, another bad outside habit. You can bathe em and dress them up. But Id read more on it.
    DiAMOND