Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,560

2 members and 2,558 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: I got a kitten!

Thanks

I got a kitten!

I am now the proud owner of the most darling little tabby girl. The poor little thing is rather thin, but really affectionate and happy. I think she was one of those unwanted kitten releases
    Me, my dad, and my brother were outside chasing the dog when this little kitten comes RACING over like her tails on fire, meowing loudly.
    Of course, the first thing my brother does is give her and my other cat some Friskie's cat food (my cat is a tom who's getting to be a hefty size, he's a total teddy bear though and had no problem sharing with the kitten, he's probably even her father)
    After that the little girl was following my brother around like he was mommy. Then I petted her a bit and she decided that I was mommy now and started following me.
    Then I had to go to work with my dad and brother for a while, and what does the kitten do...? Determined not to be left behind, she jumped into the truck and snuggled up on my lap, purring away.

Dad couldn't resist the cuteness so he let her come along

She laid around in the shade, snuggled up to be when I sat down. Loved up on everyone in general. Now she's curled up on my couch with a huge kitten grin on her face, watered and fed to her hearts content.

She sneezes every once in a while but otherwise is fine, except for her being a bit underweight. No noticeable noises when she breathes, clear eyes, healthy coat, unstoppable purr motor. I'll be checking her poo as soon as she uses the box to make she doesn't have any worms or other parasites.

Now she just needs a name!
    Someone keeps trying to access my accounts. Who are you? Just e-mail me, as that's clearly how you're finding me. Quit messing around.

Thanks

Re: I got a kitten!

AWW!!! thats such a cute story! I wish your and your little kitty the best of luck!
    ~*Luna*~ The crazy Sagittarius/Snake BP Lady
    Cal and Ki's Proud Mommy.
    ~~* Goddess Bless*~~
    1.0.0- Normal Ball Python (Kyros "Ki")
    0.1.0- Normal*Spider sibling*Ball Python(Calypso"Cal")
    1.0.0- Betta fish (Leonidas "Leo")
    Steve Irwin (2/22/62 - 9/4/06)
    Sagittarius- Shockingly blunt since the beginning of time!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

I demand pics of cute-ness.

also congrats! I want a cat so bad, but both the gf and her dad are allergic, and I live in a tiny apartment, and I can't justify any more pets than I have until I get settled more, and free up more time to be able to dedicate to something cute and furry. I'm jealous!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mainbutter View Post
    i demand pics of cute-ness.
    I second that!

My boyfriend and I found the cutest thing little at his grandparent's house. I'm guessing it was a runt from the litter and it was underfed, had a bloody nose, and was hissing like there's no tomorrow. We took her in and within 24 hours, she did a complete 360 and LOVES us now.

Thanks

Just sayin....
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

If your other cat is an unneutered male, then he's just contributing even more to the unwanted pet population.

Cat neuters these days run from $30 to free(I've done TONS of Nickel Neuter days). There's no reason to not have him neutered.

She'll gain alot more weight and be much healthier if you get her on a name-brand kitten food. They eat alot less, poop less, poop doesn't smell near as bad, and they won't have irritable bowel problems. Try at least Purina One kitten food. You'll be surprised.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite