Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,567

0 members and 1,567 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

ok I think its done and ready lol.

www.qmcbreptiles.com

Lol this took a long time to do. but be honist! tell me what you think.
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: ok I think its done and ready lol.

hmm, the banner type picture should have been made longer to cover the entire top, also you menu is way to high and and close to your pictures. i would put it a little further down and further to the left almost at the edge of the page. its looking nice just needs some re-positioning and the banner longer.

Thanks

poo. ok lol thanks. I will do some more editing. my keyboard on my main computer is no longer working. ie drink spilled on it. so I will finish it asap.
    1.0.0 Normal Ball Python, 0.1.0 Albino Ball Python, 1.0.0 Spider Ball Python, 0.1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 1.0.0 Sorong Type Green Tree Python, 0.1.0 Green Iguana, 1.0.0 Whites Tree Frog,

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

It looks nice to me. The "what I'll be producing" page's text has a issue with the wording at the end.
    Otherwise it's nice and compact. The main page is a little squished into the center of the page, but I like it.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    It looks nice to me. The "what I'll be producing" page's text has a issue with the wording at the end.
    Otherwise it's nice and compact. The main page is a little squished into the center of the page, but I like it.
    yeah it says "More when I get buy some more snakes." which doesn't make much sense

Also the pictures page is a little too complex using the album set up. If you click on a picture, it will show a zoomed in image but if you hit back it remains at the same page. I know you can hit the back to album button but I think it might not be necessary to have a slide show for your pictures.
    Evan
    0.0.1 Sinaloan Milk Snake (Vegas)
    0.0.1 Colombian Boa Constrictor (Ticuna)
    Feel free to correct me on my grammar.

Thanks

aside from said problems...I think it looks really sharp.

Thanks

I would center it up some.

Put the menu more to the left.

make the banner a little bigger or set it off to the left and put a slogan or your motto to the right.

I would also like to see a page about you. Not necessarily something lengthy but just about how you got into it maybe your favorite herps.

Also maybe a phone number so your prospective customers can talk to you. I understand you probably have a "day" job so that may be kinda hard to do. I like to talk to the people I am doing business with over the phone.

Then in your collection maybe have a favorite picture of the animal you are talking about and a link to a page about that particular animal or morph.

I would also like to know about the individual species, a scientific name and a little synopsis about the species. I also like to know about how the morph was proven or discovered.

In your section about animals you will be producing maybe have pictures of the animals. If you do not have any or have not produced any maybe find some representative pictures. I would worry about putting up representative pictures in the fear of some one thinking you are trying to steal their photos.

I really like the way Adam Wysocki's web page is set up. I also like the way your web page is set up. I like the navigation of your page but I like the visuals of Adams page.

I know I have thrown a lot out there for you to think about I hope it is not confusing and it is helpful to some degree.

All in all it looks great and I think you have done a wonderful job. If you left it as is it would still be great.
    Last edited by hoax; 11-04-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: always need a positive comment
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

Thanks

I like it! I would maybe beef up the text "Q.M. Captive Bred Reptiles"... also

~~~Welcome to Q.M. CAPTIVE BRED REPTILES -----

These don't match... I know it's silly, but it caught my eye!

All in all great job!
    Grey Scale is a good thing...

Thanks

ok guys I am working on it! It'll be done in a week or so. Thank you for all of the great input. I took all of it into consideration.

Thanks

Frienly suggestion from one novice website guy to another. DO NOT use ANY capital letter in your page names. It will only cause headaches later down the line. Trust me. Besides myslef being a novice web guy, I have worked along side a person that does websites full time for 2 years and I have seen him get so frustrated by the issues pages with capital letters has caused.

examples from your site is:

/Home.html
    /Animals_I_will_be_producing.html
    /My_YouTube_Page.html

The site itself looks good though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast