Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,908

0 members and 2,908 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Talking Do they make little BLUE pills for rats??

I think I can confirm that one of my male rat has some male problem!!

I've seen him a few times before when he tried to mount the girls, he gets on top for a split second, then came back down and bow down to his groin area for a while. I can't see what he does cuz I'm looking from the top. I thought it was just ones a while that he's not ready.

But tonight, I stood there for about 5 mins. And I saw him did this every single time. And the girls weren't even fighting him, they were kind of sitting there waiting for him.

So I've conclude that his sex drive is just like the 80 years old man who walks in the doctor's office and said, "Doc. I want you to help me lower my sex drive." Doctor was stunned and said, "Say, why???? many of my patients half your age have problem raising their sex drive, and you want me to LOWER IT?????"

I'll leave it to someone to finish it...

Thanks

Re: Do they make little BLUE pills for rats??

Rats are fast and furious in the love department. What you see him doing when he mounts is the entire process of copulation. He may do it many MANY times in a day, but it takes only a few seconds for him to get his business done.

Thanks

Connie, I think what you mean is when they do it for 1-3 seconds then separate. I've seen that happens with other rats and mice. (I think mice do it a little bit longer.)

I also read the male may reach down to clean himself after he mount a female. So I thought he was just doing that the first few times I saw it.

But when I said split second, I do mean "SPLIT SECOND". May be 1/3 or 1/4 second, meaning he gets behind her, just touch her then stands up and reach down with his mouth to his groin.

EVERYTIME!!

Have you seen this happened? You think he can still get her pregnent?

Thanks

Yes absolutely. It's quite surprising, but that's it. Even if he doesn't get it done in that quick second, he will surely just by the number of times he's doing it.

Thanks

If that's all he will do, I kind of feel bad for the girls....they were sitting there waiting for more.. kidding.

Since the girls are of mature age and size, (the others same age are nursing already) I guess I'll wait for another 3 weeks then I'll know if it's his problem or mine...hehee.

Thanks

Sounds like he doesn't have a problem.. its wham bam and over. clean up down there for the next one and rinse repeat. Its rare to see a rat take longer than a second lol.
    My Collection: 3.2 Mojave, 4.9.3 Normal, 1.0 Het Pied, 0.8 Pos. Het Pied

Thanks

Yeah I see that all the time, actually all of the successful copulations between my rat that fathered the 2 litters I'm waiting to wean right now were just like that! I only had the male in with the females for oh...... a half hour or so, he got the freakin job done and that was it! He's a killer breeder lol one litter was only 9 (but she always has small litters) and the other one was 16! That was her first time breeding too so I think she's a keeper lol.

Good luck with the ratties!
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Thanks

Hm... then I must be mixed up with the mice when I thought I saw them do it for a couple seconds.

Thanks

Oh thanks guys I was wondering this too. I am sitting there watching thinking... Is it really THAT fast. ROFL

Thanks

Aww your lucky I have my supposed breeder boy in with about three-four girls right now that need to get preggo (along with another four) and he hasn't been doing anything so far, at least not that I have witnessed. I'm going to give them until the end of next week...I figure there either already preggo, or just not in heat yet.

He did happily breed three jumbo girls and one super jumbo about two weeks ago. I need them preggo but I don't yet have a male big enough, so I just plopped them in with the little guy and wham bam there he went! He had some issues with the super jumbo, the size was just a bit to skewed for him to really do much ^^
    Someone keeps trying to access my accounts. Who are you? Just e-mail me, as that's clearly how you're finding me. Quit messing around.