Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,138

0 members and 3,138 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Review RBI 3x2 with RHP

true.I ended up cutting a little slot in the newspaperr and ran the wire underneath the newspaper and the probe sticking on top of it ..under the hide.

now i gott aplay with my herpstat alittle more to get the corect temps
    Chester

1.0 normal bp- Jake
    0.2 crested geckos- Reptar & ________

Thanks

Here's 2 of my cages. Excuse all the moss; it's really dry here. Relative humidity today? 28%. Yup- I'm drying out- feel like climbing in with the snakes or making myself a nest of moss!!!! As you see, the probes are not attached and are hanging low.

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

Mckinsey,

I am having trouble with my temps now. I put themometer probes under each hide...in order to get my under the hide temp to 91, my cold side gets to like 85

I have no idea how t osolve this problem
    Chester

1.0 normal bp- Jake

Thanks

Have you tried positioning the hides differently?

In each of my cages, the hides are in different places to compensate for the variance. My hot hides (they are big ones) go from ~90 to ~94F and my cooler hides go from ~80 to ~83F. My ambient temps run from 82-84F. I have the Herpstat set to 91F.

Also, in my warmest cage I melted holes in the top of the hot hide with an old wood burning kit gun thingy. This helped a lot with heat dissipation under hide in the warmest cage...

Also, a temp gun would really help you...

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."

Thanks

my hides are on complete opposite ends of each other....I think i'll put some holes in the hot hide so i can lower my herpstat output but not sacrifice hot side temps.
    as of right now my temps are 91F and 84ish herpstat set to 88.4
    . lets hope they somewhat keep stable.
    Chester

1.0 normal bp- Jake

Thanks

I received my cage yesterday. I have my Herpstat probe hanging about 2 inches below the RHP and set the Herpstat to 92°. The floor of the cage below the RHP is 90°, the cool side floor is 81°, and my air temp inside is about 84°. When i temped the inside of the warm side hide, it was 86°. I didn't want to turn the heat up any more for fear it would be too hot inside. The cage is in the kitchen and the room temp is 80° right now. When it cools off more here, the house will be kept at 70°, so I'm sure I'll be OK then. Just not sure what to do now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vgibbens View Post
    I received my cage yesterday. I have my Herpstat probe hanging about 2 inches below the RHP and set the Herpstat to 92°. The floor of the cage below the RHP is 90°, the cool side floor is 81°, and my air temp inside is about 84°. When i temped the inside of the warm side hide, it was 86°. I didn't want to turn the heat up any more for fear it would be too hot inside. The cage is in the kitchen and the room temp is 80° right now. When it cools off more here, the house will be kept at 70°, so I'm sure I'll be OK then. Just not sure what to do now.
    You could always put a few more vent holes in the back of the cage where Rich already has the two rows of venting and then cover them for the winter if needed. You really do need to get the temps up inside the hides though. I suppose you could also move the cage out of the kitchen and into a cooler space...

Have you tried lowering the probe further down into the cage? This would permit the Herpstat to run less and also give the cage more heat.

~~McKinsey~~

Thanks

I thought about putting more holes along the back. I liked the idea of putting holes in the hides as well. Right now we're using those hides that look like rocks, maybe I can drill them without breaking them. I guess, I can drill a hole in the side and run the Herpstat probe down the left hand wall 'til the probe is about 2" above the floor. When I purchased the cage, I purchased the light with it. Rich had installed the light against the back and the RHP is on the left hand side kinda centered from front to back. I was going to move the light to the front and then move the RHP to the left rear corner to get more seperation from the heat front to back and side to side.

Thanks

Just remember that there is a minimum distance from the walls that the RHP needs to conform to... I can't really remember... Is it 2 inches away??

Holes in the hides work well for heat dissipation but it seems as though you need more heat under your hides...

Gosh, there are so many ways to tweak things according to the variables within the larger environment... You'll get it worked through

~~McKinsey~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starmom View Post
    Here's 2 of my cages. Excuse all the moss; it's really dry here. Relative humidity today? 28%. Yup- I'm drying out- feel like climbing in with the snakes or making myself a nest of moss!!!! As you see, the probes are not attached and are hanging low.

I need help with my humid. also what kind of moss do you use???
    0.0.1 Ball Python

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast