Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,896

2 members and 2,894 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

FEDEX and "business to business" clause

When I signed my waiver to become a verified shipper I noticed the "business to business" clause but was told not to worry about it because we could be considered a home business. Now today I had my second go around with my local FEDEX hub in less than a month. Last time it was regarding shipping with Reptster and how "technically" FEDEX does not allow shipping of live animals through a third party account.

This time I tried Reptster again because I would save $25 on shipping and that is just too much of a savings to pass up. Well I drop off the package and get a call about an hour later and the FX employee tells me that the account is delinquent and that I would have to pick up the package. I explained to her that she could switch it to my account, but she refused because she was told by an employee named John that they still would not ship it because he looked up the delivery address and found that it was residential. At this point I called FEDEX to get this sorted out and spent over an hour on the phone and in the end the rep on the phone said he had straightend everything out and that it was good to go.

So, imagine my surprise when about 45 min. later OL' John calls and says he will not ship the package because the delivery address keeps coming up residential. At this point I am about to lose my mind, I have tried to do everything by the book, with the exception of trying Reptster again,( hope they have better luck with UPS ), I got verified, I still bring a copy of my waiver and my box test results incase a newb counter worker freaks at the sight of "live harmless reptile" on the box. Despite all of this, I am still being treated like a scumbag that is trying to smuggle contraband through their system. I mean this guy actually contacted the FEDEX legal department, and had them contact me to explain why he was "technically" correct to not accept the shipment.

Tomorrow I am goin to drive an extra 45 min. out of my way to go to another hub, and I will use my account to ship the order and hopefully I won't get a nit-picky clerk.

I tell you what between the aggravation of shipping stuff out, the sky high costs of shipping, and the fact that most customers think shipping should just be part of the cost of the snake......... man I think I am just going to start selling my stuff wholesale. Plenty of options here in Florida, and I might consider doing a show or two....... I don't know,....I am just frustrated this is for sure.

Thanks for letting me vent....I needed it...and I would love to here others experiences with the business to business issue. Or am I the only one having these nightmares with FEDEX?

Think the wholesalers would like this one? LOL

Thanks

Re: FEDEX and "business to business" clause

Wholesaler? I would've given you $500 for that

Thanks

Hey Kevin, sorry you are going through all this crud. Makes me real thankful I've never had a problem shipping out or receiving reptiles. I don't mind if you do a couple shows, but please don't wholesale your animals! Hahaha...
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

Wouldn't the rep be willing to call John directly and instruct him on how it's supposed to go? - it seems a shame you have to constantly put yourself to all the extra trouble when the rep should have the clout to over-rule the guy at the hub.

After all the address may be zoned residential but couldn't it too be considered a home buisness?

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karbogast View Post
    hope they have better luck with UPS

What, did they lose their deal with FedEx or something?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dr del View Post
    Hi,

Wouldn't the rep be willing to call John directly and instruct him on how it's supposed to go? - it seems a shame you have to constantly put yourself to all the extra trouble when the rep should have the clout to over-rule the guy at the hub.

After all the address may be zoned residential but couldn't it too be considered a home buisness?

dr del
    That is the problem, the rep practically lost his breath trying to convince this guy to ship this package. However, according to the "legal" department home businesses are not viewed as a business address and are still considered residential thus shipping to them is "technically" against the contract of the waiver. This is a pretty technical point that most people won't have to deal with but unfortunately the guy at my local hub has serious issues with going strictly by the book.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FIREball View Post
    Wholesaler? I would've given you $500 for that
    HA HA....actually that guy is one I don't have to worry about shipping 'cause he will be staying right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Hey Kevin, sorry you are going through all this crud. Makes me real thankful I've never had a problem shipping out or receiving reptiles. I don't mind if you do a couple shows, but please don't wholesale your animals! Hahaha...
    I hope it doesn't come to that but I have made a lot of cut backs on my collection because the cost of live feeders for the balls far exceeds what I am making in sales from them. Although I am just a hobbiest, and money isn't my main motivation, I can't afford eat those costs right now especially when all my other pythons and boas feed really well on the much cheaper frozen food. The FEDEX issue is just one more thing tweaking my enjoyment of a hobby that is supposed to be an escape from the "real" world. Hopefully today goes better than yesterday and I can ship these girls out, but that doesn't fix the major headaches and turmoil that it caused for me and my family yesterday. These issues have got me depressed and frustrated and seriously rethinking some stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwilliams58 View Post
    It is not my place to say, but I am sure they will address the issue publicly soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pwilliams58 View Post
    Not that I am aware of. I have shipped many times with Repster and have not had any issues. I order the package throught their portal, and then sign onto FedEx through my account to order a courier pickup.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Kevin, why did you not call David to have him sort it out with FedEx. I have heard that this has happened to others, and once David spoke with FedEx the order was allowed to go through.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by karbogast View Post

This time I tried Reptster again because I would save $25 on shipping and that is just too much of a savings to pass up. Well I drop off the package and get a call about an hour later and the FX employee tells me that the account is delinquent and that I would have to pick up the package.
    Could you explain this a little further? Reptsters account is delinquent?
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast