Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,935

1 members and 2,934 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

My dream boy (image heavy!)

Just turned 9 in September, this 15.5hh Missouri Fox Trotter sports a remarkable chestnut sabino coloring with a handsome flaxen mane and tail. Sired by the stunning black and white tobiano stallion, Dusty's War Paint, and out of the beautiful bay WHICKER WHACKERN LILLY. This gelding is sure to please with flowing gaits and a 'love me' personality.

And he's all mine! -couldn't resist the show boat introduction-

I've had this beautiful boy since he was six. He spent one winter up in North Dakota with us at the crappiest barn ever (there was NOTHING else better in a two hour radius) and lost a ton of weight. That's why his neck/chest/butt look kinda funny in some of the pics.
    Now that we're back down in the (awesomeIlovethisstate) state of Missouri he's back up to his old weight again ^^

North Dakota, summer, eight years:
    http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/GothicMyth/Loki/

Missouri, late summer, eight years:
    See how HORRID he looks in the pen pics?! I was almost always in tears whenever I went out to the barn in North Dakota. The lady who bred, trained, and raised him was in tears when we took him out of the trailer x-x
    (note: I didn't start riding until his weight had been brought back up again. It was really awesome though, cause I got to ride him for the first time in two years (long story) on my birthday)
    http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d5...Myth/Loki%202/

Pictures from when he was younger (three-five):

Note: None of the horses on the 'For Sale' page are actually for sale...there all sold xD the people who run the ranch just haven't updated there site in forever

He was six...I was thirteen...he was fat and in his winter coat...I was a dork...

Other six year old winter coat photo. This is how I saw him the first time.

His stunning sire. Whenever I go out to the stables I always love up on this guy. He's one of those 'gelding stallions'

His dam, Jezebel. She's a amazing mare. She gets pretty mean at any geldings that get to close to her fence when she has a foal at her side. She could care less about people though xD

His full sister Lily. She was like Loki...in a different color...and in mare form...

Last but not least...a video!
    YouTube - Loki
    Someone keeps trying to access my accounts. Who are you? Just e-mail me, as that's clearly how you're finding me. Quit messing around.

Thanks

Re: My dream boy (image heavy!)

Love the pics! Very nice boy!

Thanks

Gorgeous!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I don't blame ya for braggin' on 'im!

That is a truly magnificent horse - and a horse of a different color, too! I've never seen one like him.

~Bruce

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrucenBruce View Post
    I don't blame ya for braggin' on 'im!

That is a truly magnificent horse - and a horse of a different color, too! I've never seen one like him.

~Bruce

To be honest...I don't think anyone ever really has XD

He was a rather ugly foal with weird markings and weirder, dark funny chestnut color.He wasn't a knockout like he today until he really shed out, I think around two years.

From that same sire x dam combination they have got:
    Really pretty bay gelding
    Loud tobiano (one pictured) mare
    BLACK sabino gelding. This guys has shed out to be a real color knockout. He does have a bit of a roman nose, but is otherwise a real in-your-pocket kinda guy.
    Black minimal...overo? filly. Darling little girl, nice black with a little kinda jagged smudge on the....left of her belly. I can't quite remember how her markings go.

Jezz (dam) and Dusty (sire) are my all-time favorite pairing on the farm. It's always a totally unpredictable with those two
    Someone keeps trying to access my accounts. Who are you? Just e-mail me, as that's clearly how you're finding me. Quit messing around.

Thanks

WOW he is Amazing! Horses are my most beloved mammals, and he is a total knockout. I adore how the chestnut and white blend together. And his face is SOO sweet!

Ever since I first saw a black Appaloosa stallion with the white dots so evenly spread over his coat that he looked like a starlit sky, I have adored horses with speckled, patched, and mottled coats. Yours is wonderful...and his sire is a WOW as well. You are SO lucky.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Argentra View Post

WOW he is Amazing! Horses are my most beloved mammals, and he is a total knockout. I adore how the chestnut and white blend together. And his face is SOO sweet!

Ever since I first saw a black Appaloosa stallion with the white dots so evenly spread over his coat that he looked like a starlit sky, I have adored horses with speckled, patched, and mottled coats. Yours is wonderful...and his sire is a WOW as well. You are SO lucky.
    Loki's a absolute favorite out at the stables. A real old cowboy was out there visiting the owners, I was grinning from ear to ear from an flawless ride and a brisk trot around the barn. He told me that if he was 20, he'd be owning that horse.
    I nearly said 'Sucks to be you' but ended up just grinning instead x)

Thanks

wow, hes amazing looking!!! what a unique coat pattern. His sire is beautiful and yes, i know all about those "gelding stallions" i had a TB stud who was like that.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries

He is GORGEOUS!!! I haven't seen too many with that sort of coloring.
    I loved the video! He's so graceful and his face is to die for! What a gorgeous head!

And his sire, gorgeous, but to be honest I think Loki looks a lot better

Thanks

That is one of my favorite horse colors. A friend of mine had a TWH that was almost identical in color to yours. They called it "strawberry roan"...That was over 10 years ago, not a lot of people really knew about the sabino gene back then. He was an awesome horse, short and fat, but tons of personality and a lot of fun to ride.

Your Loki is gorgeous and looks like a lot of fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast