Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,369

1 members and 1,368 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Virginia Beach, VA - Woman killed by pet python

you can show as much compassion as you want to, but reality is reality.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to redpython For This Useful Post:

monk90222 (10-24-2008)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redpython View Post
    Exactly!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    I'm going to assume you're confused and here's why.

There is no lack of compassion for this woman and her stupid though tragic end.

There is also no letting go of the fact that she knew better and broke THE most important rule of giant snake keeping.

When your kid gets his first speeding ticket do you tell him to be more careful where he speeds so he won't get caught or do you tell him to obey the RULES and he won't have to worry about being caught.

It's a damn shame she died. If she's contributed to the gene pool let's hope the offspring got some smarts from the dad.
    Assume all you want... Your still miles from the mark.

You said..."There is no lack of compassion for this woman..."

And then you also said..."If she's contributed to the gene pool let's hope the offspring got some smarts from the dad."

Are you serious? That level of dense is almost not worth my time.

We all know that she made a mistake... The only difference is that it seems you enjoy rediculing the dead in an effort to pump your own ego... Like I said... but this time I will direct it directly at you Get Over Yourself...We know this was a mistake that ended tragically, that could have been avoided... We don't need you to tell us that... and we definatley don't need you taking witty shots and making light of the situation when someone has lost their life. I could go on in response to your comment... But I personlly feel exchange of thoughts with you is no longer worth my time.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SoCaliSon For This Useful Post:

bityrock24 (10-24-2008),broadude (10-25-2008),Jay_Bunny (10-25-2008),kratos (10-25-2008),reptile_jones (10-25-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redpython View Post
    Your right you can have compassion for her family and freinds in this time... and it doesn't change the reality that a critical mistake casued her death. Rediculing the deceased because of the mistake that was made IS NOT compassion, and actually shows a serious lack of compassion.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoCaliSon For This Useful Post:

bityrock24 (10-24-2008),broadude (10-25-2008),kratos (10-25-2008),reptile_jones (10-25-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoCaliSon View Post
    Assume all you want... Your still miles from the mark.

You said..."There is no lack of compassion for this woman..."

And then you also said..."If she's contributed to the gene pool let's hope the offspring got some smarts from the dad."

Are you serious? That level of dense is almost not worth my time.

We all know that she made a mistake... The only difference is that it seems you enjoy rediculing the dead in an effort to pump your own ego... Like I said... but this time I will direct it directly at you Get Over Yourself...We know this was a mistake that ended tragically, that could have been avoided... We don't need you to tell us that... and we definatley don't need you taking witty shots and making light of the situation when someone has lost their life. I could go on in response to your comment... But I personlly feel exchange of thoughts with you is no longer worth my time.
    Truth hurts Boyo.

I have not taken any shots or been rude. If you think I have then the problem lies squarely with you.

You may not like what I say. I actually could not care less. However, what I say is the plain and simple truth.

There is no lack of compassion in my stating that if she has kids they got some smarts from dad. By the outcome it is obvious this woman was NOT smart enough to have that snake.

It's a doggone shame she wasn't smart enough. But she wasn't. There is no lack of compassion. I'm not glad she's dead. I'm kind of mad that she's helped fuel the fire for not keeping large constrictors as should all who keep or are even thinking about keeping them. Her stupidity can have a direct result on my ability to keep my snakes. I'm supposed to feel more sorry for her?

Dream on man.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

Thanks

I haven't posted or been on in some time but when I read this article this morning in the Washington Post my first thought was not anything close to thinking foul play was the culprit.
    So I figured I would come on here to see what others thought or if she was a member.
    My first response was she made a owner mistake and it cost her the ultimate price. I said out loud why in the world was one person alone trying to give meds to a large snake?

If she did indeed work in a local reptile dept and had several snakes then all the more reason she should have known better. Before you keep giants you need to research and know what your dealing with.

I feel for her family and husband. My prayers go out to them.

On the other hand I get upset because it is just another nail in the coffin to take /ban reptiles from us. Poor judgement is what leads to most deaths, that and lack of knowledge in what your dealing with.

I understand everyone has their own opinion and if it was foul play involved once the ME's report is done then we will all know. I tend to think it was a case of bad animal mgmt.
    A split second choice that you can't take back.

Hope this serves as an eye opener to all who sometimes let their guards down or get complacent that sometimes the things we deal with can be unforgiving.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jotay For This Useful Post:

Bruce Whitehead (10-24-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsirkle View Post
    You and I clearly don't run with the same crowd as each other do.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but nice way to rack up posts.

Everyone makes mistakes, some people learn from them, and some people die.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nchapa View Post
    Very sad for the poor lady and her family .

But it doesnt take CSI to think the husband had something to do with it. In most cases husbands do have everything to do with it, and why would this be any different.

my .02
    I was responding specifically to this part of your post because I found it to be a bizarre point of view. I don't see where learning from mistakes even enters into your thoughts about this.
    Do not resuscitate

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dsirkle For This Useful Post:

kratos (10-25-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Truth hurts Boyo.

I have not taken any shots or been rude. If you think I have then the problem lies squarely with you.

You may not like what I say. I actually could not care less. However, what I say is the plain and simple truth.

There is no lack of compassion in my stating that if she has kids they got some smarts from dad. By the outcome it is obvious this woman was NOT smart enough to have that snake.

It's a doggone shame she wasn't smart enough. But she wasn't. There is no lack of compassion. I'm not glad she's dead. I'm kind of mad that she's helped fuel the fire for not keeping large constrictors as should all who keep or are even thinking about keeping them. Her stupidity can have a direct result on my ability to keep my snakes. I'm supposed to feel more sorry for her?

Dream on man.
    Like I said... We know this was a mistake, and we know that this was avoidable. You speaking the way you are about her... less than a week after her death...Calling her "stupid" and harping on her mistake...is not only is unecessary, but is actively showing a lack of compassion. I am not saying that your statements are not true... Just that going on like that at this time is insensitive, unecessary, and overly self righteous. We all make mistakes, we all break the rules now and then, and we all hope that it ends up in our best interest when we do. I seriously doubt you are any different. You are going pretty hard on her considering you are judging her based on a brief article and your own assumptions. Neither you or myslef knew her, or were in the room when it happened... So why do you think you are an expert on her death to the point where you know how stupid she was. She could have been killed by a clever intruder with a perfect cover up... we just don't know and it is not our place to try and guess, or pass judgement on the case. I can't imagine what her husband would think reading your statements having just lost his wife... Knowing your level of compassion I know you wouldn't care what he thought. I hope your kids get their since of morality from someone else.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoCaliSon For This Useful Post:

broadude (10-25-2008),hoax (11-28-2008),Jay_Bunny (10-25-2008)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

http://kyherpsoc.org/patrick/

Remember this story? Same species of snake - same scenario in terms of attempting to medicate a large animal without anyone to help out.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast