Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,873

2 members and 2,871 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Question Does this mean another trip to the vet? (Pics)

Two days after eating, and several days after getting the results from his fecal float back (supposedly clean) this is what I see. I've been checking him every day so I know this was done during the daytime today. It was everywhere, and very runny. Smelled horrible - not like normal snake poop.

What could this be? It's gotten me worried so I pulled him away from the rest of my collection again. He's in a ten gallon med tank in the living room now. He's not happy, but I don't want to take chances.

Photos:
    http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Badpoop008.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Badpoop002.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Badpoop003.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...Badpoop005.jpg

Thanks

Re: Does this mean another trip to the vet? (Pics)

Is that a worm in the 3rd pic? I would have that looked at for sure. But maybe a different vet this time. Good luck Mindizzle.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I would definitely recommend another trip to the vet. Tell them that despite their test results, there's clearly something still wrong with the fecal matter popping out of your snake. And I agree with the poster above, the third picture looks like a worm. I hope everything turns out for the better.

On a lighter note: that Caribbean spiced tilapia salad sounds good

Thanks

3rd pic does look like a worm. Please do take your snake back to the vet and tell them how he is pooing. If you can, print out these pictures to show to the vet so he/she can see exactly what you saw and are talking about.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

T_T I almost cried when I opened his tub and saw this. This snake has been through hell and back; it's just one thing after another. I hate for him to have to go through this. I'll call some vets tomorrow. I was going to save the poop to take in, but it wasnt worth keeping it in the house. Pictures will have to suffice. And I'll definitely be using a different vet this time. That's a no brainer.

Thanks

I don't know how they can mess up a fecal float.
    Jim

BiteFight - Check It Out
    http://s3.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=177328

Thanks

Oh trust me ... THESE guys can. They could mess up anything - no joke.

Thanks

really sucks that you and your snake are having to go throught this....that 3rd pic does look like a worm to me...hope your next vet visit is better and you get results. Good luck!!
    1.0.0 Crested Gecko ~Taltos~
    1.0.0 (Husband of 8 years)

Thanks

Tell the dolts to do a few direct smears, see if the snake has any protozoans making him have diarrhea. If he ever came in contact with dirty water sources, he may have giardia, or who know what else.

Don't let them do a float, DO A SMEAR. Get the fecal sample to the vet within a few hours, don't refrigerate for too long if you can help it as it will kill off the baddies that need to be seen.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks

They told me they did a smear the last time I was there. This is exactly what the receptionist (the "I dont THINK he has worms" receptionist) told me:

"Well, it doesn't look like he has any parasites. Hold on, let me go in the back and pull up his records." ... "Ok, yes. It looks like that because of the history on the snake and everything that he had last time, they took several different sections of the feces and put it under a microscope. It looks to be clean on all of them."

She went into further detail of the process, but the way she described it to me, I thought they'd gotten it figured out. It seemed to me that there was no way they could have mistaken anything by doing what she described to me. Maybe she was lying. They have done it to me in the past, and unfortunately for them I was smart enough to know it.

I'm not telling the "dolts" anything, because I am not going back there. "Not no way, not no how."

Also, I have work all day long tomorrow so I can't take him in. The vets are closed on Sunday. I have no one that is either willing, or trustworthy enough to take him for me. Can this wait until Monday, or should I ask off of work for a few hours tomorrow?
    Last edited by Mindibun; 10-18-2008 at 01:09 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast