Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,825

2 members and 2,823 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

SnakeBytesTV-Too many snakes???

We show you a little of my buying spree over the last couple of months and get my crews take on what they think about it. Chewy finds out if a snake that gets handled is tamer then one that does'nt To watch the show just go to: www.youtube.com/snakebytestv please comment, rate and appreciate and never forget to subscribe! You can also join the shows community at: www.snakebytes.tv (lots of changes coming on the site!). As always we appreciate all the support. Brian(BHB) and the crew

P.S. follow me at www.twitter.com/snakebytestv
    http://www.twitter.com/snakebytestv

www.snakebytestv.ning.com

www.youtube.com/snakebytestv
    don't forget to subscribe, comment and rate the show!
    www.snakebytes.tv
    join the shows site
    www.snakebytes.tumblr.com
    our daily blog

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BHB For This Useful Post:

blackcrystal22 (10-15-2008),RGreen454ss (10-15-2008),starmom (10-15-2008)

Thanks

Re: SnakeBytesTV-Too many snakes???

Great show! I wish I could go on buying sprees like you do!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Great episode Brian! ... Since I'm your friend, I just wanted to make sure you knew that if you're ever buying snakes and run out of room I'd be happy to help you out ... I'm good like that!

More Mojave Spinner! It looked soooo clean ... love it!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

I love Kel's impression of you!!!

Thanks

LOL, why even breed snakes if your not looking out to buy new ones
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Brian~ Great episode!! I do have a question/comment though.

In the segment "Ask the Breeder" you discussed feeding in the cage vs. in a feeding tub. You mentioned that it was not a bad idea for people with just a few snakes to feed in a separate tub so the snake does not think of the keeper as food.

I disagree with this and would ask that you look to your own collection as proof of this not happening. You feed all of your snakes in their own containers, and I don't get the impression that any of the snakes held on any sort of regular basis perceive the keeper as food. Is this true?

In my limited experience, and having only 13 ball pythons and 3 boas, I feed all of them in their own environments and have never had a snake mistake me for their prey item on non-feeding days. Of course, I don't smell like a rodent on non-feeding days and so this might have something to do with that!

So, I wonder if you really believe that feeding a snake in their own enclosure leads to the snake perceiving the keepers hand as prey-- on non-feeding days and when the keeper has no rodent smell on them...?

Thanks for taking the time to read this... I'm not a morning person so I hope that this is coherent enough!

Take care, McKinsey

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

I do agree with you for the most part. I don't think that our snakes look us as food, but I do think in our facility when the cage opens the first thing that our animals think is they are getting fed. More often that not when the cage opens food is introduced. So it's more of a stimulus response then them viewing us as food. One of the things that sucks about doing vids like this is you don't always articulate your point the way that you mean to. I'm sorry if it came off the wrong way and in looking back at it now I see your point. Darn videos Thanks, Brian(BHB)
    http://www.twitter.com/snakebytestv

www.snakebytestv.ning.com

www.youtube.com/snakebytestv
    don't forget to subscribe, comment and rate the show!
    www.snakebytes.tv
    join the shows site
    www.snakebytes.tumblr.com
    our daily blog

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Nice pickups, Brian!

I don't always comment in these threads, but I _always_ enjoy SnakeBytes! (Chewy has made me LOL with enthusiasm over the last few weeks - he's a really good sport!)

Weekends, I host birthday parties and do guided tours at the local public aquarium. A few weeks ago, I listened to myself talking and heard something different about my speech patterns. It took a moment to sort out what was going on - I'd picked up some of your contagious enthusiasm, and it was filtering out as I spoke; some of your cadences had entered my voice!

Thanks for all you do!

~Bruce

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BHB View Post
    I do agree with you for the most part. I don't think that our snakes look us as food, but I do think in our facility when the cage opens the first thing that our animals think is they are getting fed. More often that not when the cage opens food is introduced. So it's more of a stimulus response then them viewing us as food. One of the things that sucks about doing vids like this is you don't always articulate your point the way that you mean to. I'm sorry if it came off the wrong way and in looking back at it now I see your point. Darn videos Thanks, Brian(BHB)
    Perhaps you could run a 'Fact or Fiction' on this using snakes that are handled and have not been conditioned to 'open tub- receive food'??

Here on this forum we have a lot of beginner snake keepers who have been told to feed outside of the enclosure for the reason you suggest. Many members here are quick to point out that they feel moving the snake to a different enclosure, and then back again, actually increases snakey stress and increases the likelihood of the keeper getting tagged.

Oh Chewy.....

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starmom View Post
    Perhaps you could run a 'Fact or Fiction' on this using snakes that are handled and have not been conditioned to 'open tub- receive food'??

Here on this forum we have a lot of beginner snake keepers who have been told to feed outside of the enclosure for the reason you suggest. Many members here are quick to point out that they feel moving the snake to a different enclosure, and then back again, actually increases snakey stress and increases the likelihood of the keeper getting tagged.

Oh Chewy.....
    Agreed.

Hey guys, who wants to send Chewy a shirt? I have a plan.

Muahaha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast