Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,782

4 members and 3,778 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg

Thread: Gah.. messy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Gah.. messy

So yesterday I clean all the snakes cages. One thing I do before I lay down the paper is mist the bottom of the tub for two reasons: 1.) the paper sticks to the tub 2.) adds humidity. So I wake up this morning and I can just tell that some snakes urinated and dumped by the smell of the room. 8/10 females in my adult rack urinated and/or crapped. Most of the hatchlings spilled their water bowl (van ness crocks) and crapped. And about half the snakes in the two sub adult/juvie racks urinated. So I got to clean everything and refill more water bowls yet again. Yay...

Thanks

Re: Gah.. messy

Quote Originally Posted by RKO View Post
    So yesterday I clean all the snakes cages. One thing I do before I lay down the paper is mist the bottom of the tub for two reasons: 1.) the paper sticks to the tub 2.) adds humidity. So I wake up this morning and I can just tell that some snakes urinated and dumped by the smell of the room. 8/10 females in my adult rack urinated and/or crapped. Most of the hatchlings spilled their water bowl (van ness crocks) and crapped. And about half the snakes in the two sub adult/juvie racks urinated. So I got to clean everything and refill more water bowls yet again. Yay...
    Good Stuff!!
    ***Tony S.***

Thanks

I think they like the attention of you working on their lil homes.

1.0 BP VPI Pastel - Dante
    0.1 BP Spider- Name Unknown (not shipped yet)
    Hopefully another one soon!

Thanks

I've noticed something similar here. I guess the smell and feel of fresh paper makes snakes have to crap.
    `*`

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
    I've noticed something similar here. I guess the smell and feel of fresh paper makes snakes have to crap.
    Y'know I've kind of noticed the same thing lol. I did all my cage cleaning on Tuesday, took everything out, washed all the bowls wiped down all the tubs etc... then last night when I was feeding literally all but my one picky eater had pooped and peed and there was water spilt in two of the tubs! So before I fed I had to clean everything again which I'm sure resulted in the 2 refusals I had so annoying lol.
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Thanks

On lunch break I checked on my biggest male, Tenac, and he made a big mess. It was like he was trying to paint with his tail and using his excrement as the medium. EVERYWHERE IT WAS! Water bowl was covered, inside and out (well,l the water was dirty) and his hide got a good coating as well.

I don't understand these creature sometimes, but you can help but laugh when you see stuff like that and him poking his head out of the hide staring at you ... so proud of the work he has done.

Thanks

I swear everytime i clean tubs, even if they just went THEY GO AGAIN that night. I swear they just like getting out of there tubs!!!!!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's the added humidity that makes them go. Like how when people suggest to soak your snake when it's in need of a crap.