Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,825

2 members and 2,823 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

some people are just plain dumb

alright so im not oblivious to all of the bad reps that my dogs breed has been given and i completely understand why some people are afraid of them(by the way im talking about pitbulls) but i was out walking my new little boy(he is 10 weeks today) and were starting to walk him on a leash so he gets used to it, but either way the whole day people were giving him compliments on how good he looks and that he was the sweetest little thing so on and so on, until this one woman and her daughter , it started off alright they came up asked if they could pet him and were loving on him until she asked what breed he was( stupid me said "pit bull") and she yanked her daughter away and proceeded to tell me that i was endangering society by having him on the streets, and that next time she saw me with him she would make sure he would never be on the "streets" again, i just grabbed him and walked away, Now i just want to make sure you know the dog did nothing at all . he just sit there and let them pet him,
    So did i do something wrong? should i lie and tell everyone he is a "stafford shire terrier" i mean what would you do? and just so everyone can see how vicious my dog is here is a pic

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...newpics186.jpg
    Last edited by JLC; 10-08-2008 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Please keep pictures to a max of 800 pixels wide

Thanks

Re: some people are just plain dumb

It is a very sad thing indeed that people act this way. I don't know how animal registration works in the states, but if that had happened to me I would have called the humane society to report HER for threatening the well being of my pet. (I have a Pitt bull too)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python- Little Dude
    0.0.1 Albino Kingsnake - Weiner
    Missi

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

people are idiots.

I've never had a dog before, but even I know that pit bulls' reputation is exaggerated beyond belief.

The animal shelter near where I went to college had the sweetest dog I'd ever met, super friendly if a little shy until she got a moment to get to know someone. She was a pit bull.

My cousin's mutt has some pit bull in her too, and is also super sweet. In fact, I have never met a pit bull that was mean.

Thanks

I've come to the conclusion that people are retarded. There's nothing wrong with pitbulls, and certainly nothing wrong with you telling her what his true breed is. In fact, it's educational to people who have more than half a brain cell, because they learn that not all pitbulls are nasty like the media likes to portray. Either way, adorable pup, even if one moron thinks he's a menace to society.

I would trust my son near a pitbull, rottweiler or any similar breed LONG before I would trust my son near a chihuahua. They're nasty, but since they're small apparantly nobody notices...

Thanks

as far as calling the humane society i was so tempted but i just bit my tounge and the sad thing about it is and i hate to sound like this, i couldnt care less if the mom doesnt like my dog, but the daughter is the one thats going to make the diffrence and now that " mommy" has voiced her two cents about the breed, well the little girl might tell her friends and then they will tell their friends and soner than you know it i have 50 plus junior high schoold students writing to the mayor on how these dogs should be banned! god i wish i lived on island sometimes

Thanks

It's one part ignorance, one part sensationalism in the media. ANY dog that's been severely mistreated has a chance of becoming viscious. It's obviously not a good idea to raise a wiener dog or Chihuaha if the name of the game is dog fights/guard dog. I got a look like that from some prissy mom when I brought my old rat to Petco to buy food for him. He was the kindest, most intelligent little guy ever! I miss him

Thanks

and i completly understand that as well, but im not and never will going to fight my dog( i know you werent accusing me of that,, but i just thought id calirfy now) and my other two pits are as sweet as bunnys! not the bunny from the holy grail though " look at the teeth on it" lol

Thanks

It just sucks that some people can't see past the media...I guess the saying has some validity - one bad apple ruins it for the rest of them. No one wants to hear any of the millions of good stories about Pitbulls, just the rare bad ones I've never been scared of any dog, and I've wrestled with Rotts, and a big 200 pound English Bulldog. Both were from good homes. I hope to be in your situation one day, with multiple beautiful Pitbulls

Thanks

Oh yeah,society is really in danger with that big bad Pitbull. Can't you see it in his ferocious eyes?Nice lookin' little guy you have there.

Thanks

I had an experience like this once. I took my pit to a local petsmart and a woman and her daughter were walking around and I heard the little girl ask her mom if she could pet my dog. The mother immediately said NO thats a mean dog without even asking me or knowing my dog at all. I went up to the girl with my pit and said you can pet her, as I looked at the mom with a slight grin on my face. I told the little girl to open her hand and come from underneath to rub my dogs neck. My pit was wiggling her tail the whole time.

Ignorance is always going to be in the world, it's just educating people that will make it a little better. For the issue that you had. I would just forget about that woman you will probably never see her again.
    -Kyle

"Expos are like Christmas, but they happen more than once a year."

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast