Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 895

0 members and 895 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Meet the new BUN-dle of pet joy!

My new rabbit, Cadbury. Yep, as of today I actually have a FUZZY pet!!

After weeks of searching CL and other ads, I found that the humane soc. had a few rabbits. Went in today and fell in love with a sweet 'male' (they couldn't really remember who was who, and they were all fixed). He's a nice satin with mottled brown coloring.

I know, I know... I have no pictures to put up now since he's been lugged around the city in a carrier all day (fun taking a rabbit and cage on the bus and light rail) and I want him to have a nice quiet night before I flash a camera in his face. I also have to weigh him since he looks rather overweight. I suspect the prior owners gave him crappy pet store mix food and fatty treats. He dug right into his Timothy hay like a dieting person attacks chocolate when I got his cage set up across from the mice

Anyway, he is a very nice 'boy'. Even Ari, who is not happy that I got another animal, seems to be warming up to him. I'll post pictures tomorrow afternoon.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks

Re: Meet the new BUN-dle of pet joy!

Ok, as promised, here are a few pictures I took of him. I had him out for exercise earlier an didn't even think to grab the camera... I'll get pics of him out of the cage ASAP.

Sorry about the red-eye, I don't have very good picture editing software.

So whatcha all think?

Thanks

Niiiiiice! We have two house rabbits and they are absolute cut-ups. Give him time to settle in and you'll be surprised how much personality emerges.......

Congrats on the new addition!!

Cheers,
    Kat

Thanks

Great looking bunnys! Im not really all that into them ( was when I was a kid) but I just now got the BUN-dle part of this post! Couldnt figure out what it meant for days even after reading it twice. hehe, nice looking bunny
    - Matt

Come here little guy. You're awfully cute and fluffy but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat

Thanks

Nice bunny! I've been fighting the urge to adopt one. Saw a couple of them on Craigslist - I barely resisted emailing about one, and didn't get a reply on the other. Which is probably a good thing

Thanks

Thanks, Matt. I am the descendant of a Pun Mistress...so I have to do that from time to time.

I've owned rabbits before, and they are one of the 'easier' mid sized fuzzy pets. G.Pigs need TONS of attention, room, and are basically tiny dogs. Chinchillas are awesome, but also need room and special handling and are rather hyper. But bunnies are a bit more tolerant as long as you give them their daily play time and a good sized cage. And he will be getting an indoor cage 41x18x21 and an outdoor(enclosed porch) hutch 42x22x20 with a 'bedroom'. Rabbit condo.

I'll try to get a few pictures of him out in his new playpen tonight so you can get a better look at him. Thanks for the great comments so far.