Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,854

0 members and 2,854 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Unhappy Parakeet adoption...

About a year ago I got 2 male parakeets. 1 albino and one green. Both are very nice looking birds. I bought them on an impulse. I realize it was stupid and irresponsible of me. I thought that I would like them the lady at pet smart said that they were easy to tame and that she didn't know any one who likes animals that didn't like them. I love animals they are small and so I figured home run, right.. wrong I dont have the time to tame them so they are skittish I bought books and tried to do research still nothing. I am giving up.

I want these two guys to go to a good home. A home where the people have the time and energy to give the two babies what they deserve. I feel terrible for getting an animal that I know nothing about. I learned my lesson now I do ALOT of research before getting a pet.
    Last edited by dr del; 10-04-2008 at 03:50 PM. Reason: removing sales/adoption sections
    Pastel 0.1
    Mojo 1.0
    100% Het albino 1.1
    50% Het Albino 0.1
    -
    Do you like Texas BBQ? Do you want to know where I will be so you can get some?>>>>>My Catering Company Facebook Page<<<<<
    reptilebasics.com Rich is awesome - texas4x4.org -pirate4x4.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Re: Parakeet adoption...

Quote Originally Posted by hoax View Post
    About a year ago I got 2 male parakeets. 1 albino and one green. Both are very nice looking birds. I bought them on an impulse. I realize it was stupid and irresponsible of me. I thought that I would like them the lady at pet smart said that they were easy to tame and that she didn't know any one who likes animals that didn't like them. I love animals they are small and so I figured home run, right.. wrong I dont have the time to tame them so they are skittish I bought books and tried to do research still nothing. I am giving up.

I want these two guys to go to a good home. A home where the people have the time and energy to give the two babies what they deserve. I feel terrible for getting an animal that I know nothing about. I learned my lesson now I do ALOT of research before getting a pet.
    When we moved, we had to give our birds away. It turns out a friend of ours worked at a nearby nursing home that kept a few cages of birds to liven up the place. The workers there took good care of the birds(they didn't get held much, but they kept the birds in groups with plenty of toys to keep them happy and entertained.

I know that a lot of nursing homes do this, my GF worked at one for a while. It is something you may want to look into if you can't find anywhere else.
    Last edited by dr del; 10-04-2008 at 03:51 PM. Reason: matching quote to edited post.

Thanks

any nursing home or classroom would love the donation of your birds!
    ~*Luna*~ The crazy Sagittarius/Snake BP Lady
    Cal and Ki's Proud Mommy.
    ~~* Goddess Bless*~~
    1.0.0- Normal Ball Python (Kyros "Ki")
    0.1.0- Normal*Spider sibling*Ball Python(Calypso"Cal")
    1.0.0- Betta fish (Leonidas "Leo")
    Steve Irwin (2/22/62 - 9/4/06)
    Sagittarius- Shockingly blunt since the beginning of time!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Hi,

This actually is a better fit for the for sale/ wanted forum so I have copied the first post in its unedited form over to there and removed the sales/adoption elements from the version left in this thread.

Anyone intrested can find the post here.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.