Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,976

1 members and 2,975 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Spotty Spiders and pastel questions

Ok I have got the cutest spider bp comming to me in a few weeks. My question is he has spots, if he is mated with a normal female without spots will the baby spiders have spots like dad or be spiders without spots?

Second question. I got a pastel femal. She has green eyes, almost clear belly (she has like 2 TINY flexs of black on her belly) but her color is very low. If I breed her to a bright male pastel will the babies be bright or most likely dull like mom or will I know when they hatch? Is there any other markers for pastel other than clear belly, green eyes and blushing behind the head? Photos will be comming once my camera comes back from Hawaii on the 8th

Thanks

Re: Spotty Spiders and pastel questions

I dont think anyone can truly answer those questions, I hatched out four pastels this year and every one of them has a different appearance, at 4 months old one has browned out as much as his 3 year old father, one male shows absolutely no signs of browning out, one is kinda in the middle of the pack, and the female looks like a super (which she definately is not) all were fathered by the same father that is holding his color better than most I have seen.

But in theory, selective breeding will give you animals that are best they can be.

Thanks

Re: Spotty Spiders and pastel questions

Its all really just a gamble, you can only role the dice and hope it lands on what you want. Over time selective breeding does help but it takes time.