Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,269

1 members and 1,268 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Little Boy! My Third Joey - Updated Pictures!

I'm taking the little joey out a couple nights a week while the other gliders are eating so he can get used to being handled. So far he has done really well! I carry him around in one of the 2 blankets that are in the gliders sleeping pouch so he has a familiar smell around. He goes right to sleep one I get him tucked into my shirt! He is sleeping in there right now

flash... too.. bright!!

I'm so glad he is not a crabber like his sister! She still cries to this day when I take her out, if anything bothers her you will not hear the end of it! This little guy and Moofy never make a peep!

And on a more serious note, due to some recent questions I've been asked about gliders I feel I need to say something.. These animals are NOT easy to care for. They need to be housed in pairs, they require large-secure cages, many of the recommended diets for gliders must be hand made at home, and they WILL pee and poop when ever and where ever they please - there is no such thing as a "potty trained" glider. They are messy animals! They take a lot of time to care for, and there is a lot of research to be done BEFORE you even consider buying them. After you understand the basics about these animals, they are very fun to keep, but they do require a lot of time and effort on the owners part. They are wild animals - if you want something that is easy to care for get a cat, or a snake

Thanks

Okay.. one more picture

Joey sleeping with me

Thanks

Re: Little Boy! My Third Joey - Updated Pictures!

Oh my goodness - what a sweet little guy!!

Thanks

Wow Edie, he is lookin good!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edie View Post
    if you want something that is easy to care for get a cat, or a snake
    lol.. I've been at college for the past four years and no pets allowed in dorms, so I had four long years to decide what I was going to get as soon as I graduated and got my own place.

The past 6 months were debating cat vs snake.. hehe

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by edie View Post
    And on a more serious note, due to some recent questions I've been asked about gliders I feel I need to say something.. These animals are NOT easy to care for. They need to be housed in pairs, they require large-secure cages, many of the recommended diets for gliders must be hand made at home, and they WILL pee and poop when ever and where ever they please - there is no such thing as a "potty trained" glider. They are messy animals! They take a lot of time to care for, and there is a lot of research to be done BEFORE you even consider buying them. After you understand the basics about these animals, they are very fun to keep, but they do require a lot of time and effort on the owners part. They are wild animals - if you want something that is easy to care for get a cat, or a snake
    Thanks for sharing that info. I think gliders are so cute but I decided a couple of years ago that I'm not prepared for the time and energy they need. I get really worried when I see gliders being sold at shows as easy to care for pets and people buying them for their young kids.
    Alice

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright

Thanks

He is so sweet! He's so adorable!

And I completely agree with you on obtaining information about glidders before buying them. They are like human babies or something. Have a great time with the new baby!