Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,913

0 members and 2,913 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Shed stuck on nose

My ball shed a week or so ago, and it was a pretty clean shed with the exception of the tip of his nose and the tip of his tail... we bumped the humidity up from 60% to 65% for a few days to see if that would take care of it, but it didn't. We recently put it into some warm water for about 20 minutes and let it crawl around in a damp pillowcase, and nothing. Will this harm my snake if it doesn't come off? Thanks.
    Jordan
    "Don't be afraid of a reptile's tongue; the only animal that can hurt you with it's tongue is a human being."

My Snakes....0.0.1 Mexican Black King, named Lilith ~ 0.0.1 Royal Python, named Zuli

Wish List....Snow Corn~Vietnamese Blue Beauty~Lavender King~Sunbeam~Brown Water Python

Thanks

Re: Shed stuck on nose

Oh, and actually the tail shed did come off after we soaked her, its just the nose skin we're trying to get rid of now.
    Jordan
    "Don't be afraid of a reptile's tongue; the only animal that can hurt you with it's tongue is a human being."

My Snakes....0.0.1 Mexican Black King, named Lilith ~ 0.0.1 Royal Python, named Zuli

Wish List....Snow Corn~Vietnamese Blue Beauty~Lavender King~Sunbeam~Brown Water Python

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Shed stuck on nose

if you were to soak the snake for a bit and try gently rubbing off the old skin on the nose it should work. but im sure if you left it, it would not harm the snake. it should be pretty easy to remove though. just soak the snake for a while and if you have to, make sure the old, stuck skin get nice and wet, then try rubbing it off.