Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,981

4 members and 2,977 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Baby Goats

Thanks

Baby Goats

So, I started the vet tech program at my college, we have two facilities we are required to go to for the program (we go to feed the animals and clean the facilities). We have an old vet office, where the learning cats/dogs/rats/rabbits stay and we have an on campus area where two horses and 4 goats stay.

WELL, both of the horses are pregnant and all 4 goats were pregnant last time I saw them (Wednesday) and today when I went in to do my shift there were 4 kids! Two of the goats dropped their babies over the weekend! They are so cute and tiny, and there should be more soon since all of goats conceived around the same time.

Its exciting for me, because goats are the only animals we have in the program that I do not have prior experience with. I will try to post pictures soon. The second year student I was working with today took some pictures so I'll ask her if I can use them once they are uploaded.

Thanks

Re: Baby Goats

Now call me biased, but I think goat kids are the cutest little things ever!

Do you know what breed they are? Can't wait to see pictures, I never get tired of looking at kids.

My Nigerian Dwarf doe was bred a couple of days ago to my new buck. I bought her bred but I suppose it didn't take, but now we are expecting kids in mid-February. I can hardly wait!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Epona142 View Post
    Now call me biased, but I think goat kids are the cutest little things ever!

Do you know what breed they are? Can't wait to see pictures, I never get tired of looking at kids.

My Nigerian Dwarf doe was bred a couple of days ago to my new buck. I bought her bred but I suppose it didn't take, but now we are expecting kids in mid-February. I can hardly wait!
    I was told the breed a couple weeks ago but it didn't stick in my head since I don't know goats. She just uploaded the pictures to her myspace, I sent her a message and asked to use them so when I get the okay I'll post them here!

I know the girl was taking some pictures of us when we were cleaning the 2 goats behinds lol, I'm sure those would be amusing if she ever uploads them. I got to do the restraining, goats are a lot stronger than I thought they would be!

Thanks

Goat kids look like puppies... Bleating puppies

I had a little stint with the goat group at my school, had a lot of fun working with them. Do you know what kind of goats they are? I wish I had enough time to go back to work at the barn. Good luck with vet tech school!

Thanks

me with one of the babies

i took this one of two of them sleeping

There is a little black one that isn't really in the pictures, he is cute though

Thanks

O boy ,My Daughter would love to have one of those. I love baby Animals of all kinds ,but she takes it a step farther. She would want to keep in in the House and set it up with everything and at night let it sleep in her bed. Ive have to show her these when she's over next. They are Cute little Pups.

Van
    For Ever Trust in what You are, and Nothing else Matters.

Thanks

How cute! Don't know if it'll ever happen but Jason and I would LOVE to have a hobby farm one day... Goats just may be on our list!
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Awwww! I never grow weary of tiny goat kids.

I would haphazard a guess that they are Pygmy or Nigerian Dwarf or crosses of those, with those ears and size. Awesome breeds, I love the miniatures, especially since I'm a small person, makes them easier to work with.

Thanks

UPDATE: good news and band news

Okay, just a little update! So we had 4 pregnant goats, each one gave birth to 2 kids each, and they have all given birth as of this weekend.

So we had 8 kids, but here is the sad news... someone didn't lock up the goat pen well enough and one of the kids got out into the horse area and it died (it was one of the ones in the pictures I posted here, I am not sure which one at this point, but I know it was one of Rouge's kids and I took pictures of her kids).

I'm not exactly sure what happened, since I just heard about it this morning when I went for my shift and the second year student didn't seem to know much either. I will know more tomorrow since I have class then. From what I heard his skull was crushed, so they think there was an accident with one of the horses. Our chicken (at my house) died the same way. I can't even imagine how terrible it would be to have been one of the people who found the kid

Thanks

Re: UPDATE: good news and band news

congrats on starting the vet tech program!!! thats awesome!!!!!

Im sorry to hear about the kid gettin out, thats terrible. But at least it was only one.