Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,028

1 members and 2,027 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Thanks

Unhappy Rascal may not make it through the night

I am so terribly heart broken at the moment and cannot stop crying like a baby. My little white schnauzer Rascal doesn't look like he will make it through the night. He has been to the vet (3 different vets) and there is nothing that they can do. He does not seem to be in pain so they will not put him down. He is almost 13 years old and I guess his time is fast approaching. He has not eaten in the past few days or drank any water from what I can tell. I have been dripping water into his mouth for him to lick up. He won't move or can't I don't know which. I have to carry him outside to go potty, but he just collapses on the ground. This is gut-wrenching to see him like this. My stomach is knots. I've had Rascal ever since he was a tiny little puppy. I feel like a part of me is dying...

Here is my Rascal boy...

Sorry for rambling, guess I just had to get it off my chest

Thanks

Re: Rascal may not make it through the night

I had a fox terrier named rascal who passed. His face reminds me of your dogs and it's weird I was just reflecting on him last night. However we have to accept all living things eventually cease I know had sad times like these are.
    -Cliff-
    SulfurPythons.com -COMING SOON-

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

Aww Lena.. I'm so sorry.

Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by envy_ld50 View Post
    I had a fox terrier named rascal who passed. His face reminds me of your dogs and it's weird I was just reflecting on him last night. However we have to accept all living things eventually cease I know had sad times like these are.
    I guess I'm just not ready to let him go yet. I've lost pets before, but Rascal is like no dog I ever had before... he will be missed sooo much I can't even put it into words

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
    Aww Lena.. I'm so sorry.

Thanks Heather

Thanks

So sorry to hear this.
    I know he's comforted knowing how much you love him. Keeping you in my prayers.

Thanks

Oh Lena how truly sad for you to have to go through this with your beloved little dog. It's the worst part of pet ownership that they only have such a relatively short time with us. Biggest of hugs coming your way and I'll put you both in my prayers.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Lena, I'm so sorry for your heart ache.

This is what Rascal might be saying to you: On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

You are there for Rascal and that is all that matters to him- you are his pack. All living beings pass on and it is so hard to take that journey with those we love and know that we will be left behind with memories and a very hurt heart.

But this is what is written when each animal takes it's first breath. Hang in there with Rascal. The death process is just that- a process; and it takes time. Love him through it and then take time for yourself.

My heart goes to yours. Take care.

~~McKinsey~~
    "Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed."
    ~The Little Prince; Antoine de Saint Exupery

Thanks

I know how you feel. My dog what hit by a car recently and I thought she was going to die and I felt horrible. She survived and is still recovering but I dread the day she will pass on. Its tough on everybody when a loved one is lost. I wish you the best of luck and happiness.
    I'm not afraid of snakes, because I got Balls!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhBalls View Post
    So sorry to hear this.
    I know he's comforted knowing how much you love him. Keeping you in my prayers.
    Thank you so much for the kind thoughts...I truly appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by frankykeno View Post
    Oh Lena how truly sad for you to have to go through this with your beloved little dog. It's the worst part of pet ownership that they only have such a relatively short time with us. Biggest of hugs coming your way and I'll put you both in my prayers.
    Thanks for the hugs & prayers Joanna!

Quote Originally Posted by starmom View Post
    Lena, I'm so sorry for your heart ache.

This is what Rascal might be saying to you: On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

You are there for Rascal and that is all that matters to him- you are his pack. All living beings pass on and it is so hard to take that journey with those we love and know that we will be left behind with memories and a very hurt heart.

But this is what is written when each animal takes it's first breath. Hang in there with Rascal. The death process is just that- a process; and it takes time. Love him through it and then take time for yourself.

My heart goes to yours. Take care.
    Thank you McKinsey, it is hard and your words described it perfectly. I just got home from practice and checked on him - his breathing is very shallow, I don't know what to do except lay on the floor with him and pet him and tell him how much I love him

Quote Originally Posted by TheMolenater2 View Post

I know how you feel. My dog what hit by a car recently and I thought she was going to die and I felt horrible. She survived and is still recovering but I dread the day she will pass on. Its tough on everybody when a loved one is lost. I wish you the best of luck and happiness.
    Thanks a bunch! I'm glad to hear she is recovering...give her a hug & a pet from me.
    Thanks again to all of you. I think getting it off my chest is making it a little easier to deal with

Thanks

lena i am so sorry. really if theres anything you need let me know

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast