Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,990

0 members and 2,990 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: Escaped Rat

Thanks

Escaped Rat

We were about to pull Kasper's litter from her since its time they were weaned. I picked up a female to show my fiance and she jumped out of my hands, to the floor and was gone! We chased her around for a while but now she's impossible to get to. I was wondering if there was a good way of catching escaped rats. She's been loose for 2 days now.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Re: Escaped Rat

Get a live trap.

Is she just somewhere you can't reach? I've lost a few rats, but generally we had to take everything apart to get her.

Make sure there is no way for her to run away. Make sure she cant climb up the rack and just eat the food from there. Get a live trap and put in some stinky wet food. Then leave it alone all night.

I would personally not risk it and tear the room apart to get to her. She must be thirsty and dehydrated by now, she wont last very much longer being just weaned.

Thanks

Because we had to move everything out of the second bedroom for the roommates to move into, the living room is now home to all my racks, tanks, and various other supplies. There are just way too many hiding spots for her. As soon as we see her, she's off like a rocket. I get off work early tonight (9:30) so I have all night to try and catch her if I must do it by hand.
    Under Construction.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Bunny View Post
    Because we had to move everything out of the second bedroom for the roommates to move into, the living room is now home to all my racks, tanks, and various other supplies. There are just way too many hiding spots for her. As soon as we see her, she's off like a rocket. I get off work early tonight (9:30) so I have all night to try and catch her if I must do it by hand.
    Get some chicken wire or hardware cloth and make a fence around where she is to stop her from running away. She's going to be weak, scared and hungry. You will have a better chance if you move everything out of the living room. She will never come out on her own, and I dont think it would be very fun with a decaying rat stuck somewhere you cant reach.

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Under Construction.....