Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,271

1 members and 1,270 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

cool relationship

i think this is one of the coolest relationships in the fish world. yellow watchman goby with a banded pistol shrimp. ive had this pair now for just over a year. i was really lucky they actually paired up insted of killing each other. since they were'nt already togheter when i got them. they really are my favroite in my saltwater reef tank. even over all the corals. they are just much fun to watch. the goby leads the shrimp everywhere outside the borrow and instanly alerts him to danger. just too cool.

Thanks

Re: cool relationship

That's pretty cool. Never seen those two before, but I've not gotten into the saltwater tanks yet. Need more experience before that.

It's always nice to have a friend looking out for your back!
    REPTILES: Ball Pythons, Bearded Dragons, Blue Tongue Skink, Corn Snakes, Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Mali Uromastyxs, Sulcata Tortoise, Tokay Geckos, Veiled Chameleons.
    FISH: African Cichlids, Rhino Pleco, Silver Dollars, Tiger Oscars
    MAMMALS: Miniture Pinschers, Cat, ASF's, boyfriend, me

Thanks

Very cool! I had considered getting some but I had more desire to get a trigger... And he loves shellfish!
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    That's pretty cool. Never seen those two before, but I've not gotten into the saltwater tanks yet. Need more experience before that.

It's always nice to have a friend looking out for your back!
    saltwater actually isnt all that much harder than a freshwater tank. you just have to rember when you do water changes to mix salt with the new water. and for the water that evaporates away just add fresh. since the salt stays behind. other than that maintence and everything else is basically the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by python.princess View Post
    Very cool! I had considered getting some but I had more desire to get a trigger... And he loves shellfish!
    triggers are really cool. thats why i want to upgrade my reef tank from its current 30 gallons right now to 90. since i really cant add another coral. i also want to set up a 125 gal predator tank with some triggers, a radiata lion, and a puffer.

Thanks

Nice pair!! I had a orange spotted goby and tiger pair in my 12gal. They are the coolest things to watch. By far my favorite so far in reef keeping. They died after a gold pseudo decided they would make a good meal.

1.0 Spider

Thanks

Love salt water fishies! I wish I had the time and money to put into it. I have an aquaintance that is really into salt water, he gave me a bunch of beginner and easy books to read.

I don't want to say he deterred me from getting a salt water tank, but he sort of did by just the sheer amount of knowledge he had about everything. I certainly dont know squat about fish tanks, so I figure I'll get a gold fish or two instead LOL.

Also, another thing that seems like such a daunting task is the equipment purchases you have to make to start up. Everything costs so much, and I have no idea what is good, or over priced crap! Just not having any opinion or hear say about certain brands also made me rethink the salt water idea.

Snakes and rats are so much easier!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justin81 View Post
    Nice pair!! I had a orange spotted goby and tiger pair in my 12gal. They are the coolest things to watch. By far my favorite so far in reef keeping. They died after a gold pseudo decided they would make a good meal.
    that sucks your gold pseudochromis decided to eat your pair. i hope my sunrise pseudochromis does'nt all of a sudden decide to do that since he is my newest fish in the tank. he does do a darn good job eating bristle worms that are in there though. hopefully he decides to go after the cleaner shrimp i have in there insted of my pistol shrimp if he does decide to eat one. sunrise dottys are a little more peacful than other dottys though and not as knowen to go after inverts as much as others. if he does ill rip all my live rock out to catch him lol.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littleindiangirl View Post
    Love salt water fishies! I wish I had the time and money to put into it. I have an aquaintance that is really into salt water, he gave me a bunch of beginner and easy books to read.

I don't want to say he deterred me from getting a salt water tank, but he sort of did by just the sheer amount of knowledge he had about everything. I certainly dont know squat about fish tanks, so I figure I'll get a gold fish or two instead LOL.

Also, another thing that seems like such a daunting task is the equipment purchases you have to make to start up. Everything costs so much, and I have no idea what is good, or over priced crap! Just not having any opinion or hear say about certain brands also made me rethink the salt water idea.

Snakes and rats are so much easier!
    There are some great SW forums with great info for beginners! And, yes, the initial cost is kind of overwhelming but if you buy one piece at a time... Honestly, I don't think I'd want to go back to freshwater! They seem so boring compared to my current fish!
    *I love this crazy, tragic, almost magic, awful, beautiful life*
    ~melanie~

Thanks

Gotta love symbiosis!!!

Here's my old Yellow Watchman on HIS Mexican Turbo Snail. He would ride it everywhere! Hilarious little guy.
    Jason

Thanks

That is just way too cool! I'd love to have a saltwater setup someday. Maybe when I buy a house...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast