Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,132

1 members and 3,131 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Hey everyone.. newbie here

Hey all. I'm Beth from Maryland. I have been begging the hubby for years for me to get a snake. He had a bad experience when he was 5yo and some older kids threw a live snake at him. He has been scared of them ever since. Last year he relented when I found a Rat snake at the preschool of the kids I nanny. I read up and found you can't take snakes out of the wild here so let it go close to the preschool. I then went and got a regular corn snake. She is beautiful and almost a year old. (I got her in nov from the pet store).

After reading some more I got a BP and a King snake at a herp show last month. They are both babies. I don't plan on getting anymore snakes or breeding. I already have 3 dogs; an Akita, a Pit Bull and a Siberian Husky. (all sweet and well trained) 2 cats, one which is deaf. Plus around 10 fish tanks. (can you tell I like to take care of things, lol. my poor hubs says it is because the kids are gone and I need something to mother)

I know everyone loves pictures but I can't post any because my wonderful college daughters had a party here last summer and someone stole our camera and Wii. They are buying us new ones.

I love reading the articles and posts. I hope to learn to best the best snake mama around!!
    ~ Beth ~

Thanks

Re: Hey everyone.. newbie here

welcome to the site!
    * Jason *

lots of Bps

Thanks

Welcome to BPNet, Beth. If you need any assistance sorting out how the site works, don't hesitate to contact an Admin (names in red) or a Mod (names in green).

Sorry about that camera and Wii, been there myself with a teenager and an unauthorized party.

I'm glad your husband is over his fear enough to at least live with snakes in the house. If that ball python is like most, it's pretty hard to resist them with their sweet nature (well most of them anyways LOL).
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Welcome to the site, we're glad to have you. Your house sounds like ours, only instead of all of the fish tanks, we have other various reptiles.
    ~Dexter Mason~
    Wife 0.1 Children 0.1.1 Dogs 1.1 Ball Pythons: 5.22
    Bearded Dragon 1.0 Ornate Horned Toad 0.0.1 Leos 1.3 Russian Tortoise 0.1

Melodrama coming from you is about as normal as a bowel movement - Clerks
    I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule. - Clerks
    Dante Hicks: But you hate people.
    Randal Graves: Yes, but I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?

Thanks

Welcome aboard. You have a well rounded group of pets.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,111 Times in 629 Posts

Welcome Beth and congrats on the snakes... and that part about not breeding (HAH!)... famous last words.

You'll enjoy the site, and we look forward to pics of your new additions when you get a chance.

Bruce
    Praying for Stinger Bees

Thanks

Thanks all!

Nope, no breeding. I just got out of breeding fish. I used to have over 30 tanks but have cut back to 9. I just don't have the time for breeding. Plus I hate shipping too, lol.

Hubs not only got over his fear of snakes, he even held a couple while I cleaned the cages!! He doesn't love them but for him just to hold a snake is a huge step for him!

We are just going to buy a camera and charge the daughters, hehehe. We also have a couple older boys too. You would of thought we learned about parties.

Thanks again all!
    ~ Beth ~

Thanks

Welcome!!! Can't wait to see those pics! At our house we keep a list of names and how much is owed. Then if they want there name off the list they have to pay back the debt.

Thanks

Hey! You're definitely in a great place if you're looking to learn more about any of your snakes or if you just want someplace to come and rant and rave all day lol .

And as far as the not breeding thing goes, good luck with that one . I said the same thing a year ago and now I've got 7 BPs 7 corns and a king and I'm probably going to be getting another rack so I can get some more It's an addiction
    ~Adam~

BPs: 3.9 Normals, 1.0 Spider, 1.1 Pastels, 0.1 100% Het Hypo, 1.0 Cinnamon, 0.1 Pinstripe, 0.1 Albino 1.0 Bumblebee .
    Bloods: 0.1 Marter line red, 1.0 Het T+ albino red.
    Colubrids:1.1 Western Hogs, 0.0.1 Tri-Color Hognose, 1.0 Albino Cal King,

Thanks

You say that you do not plan on getting any more snakes. I predict that after you see some of the amazing ball python morphs out there you will have to get another. They are so addictive.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.