Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,117

0 members and 3,117 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

May not work after all

I was thinking of a getting a 32 qt tub vision rack and moving some of the animals from cb70 AP rack into it but it doesn't look like the girls will fit.
    This is one of the girls in a 32 qt tub. I think she needs to stay in the cb70 tubs. I may just go with another AP rack in 32 qt size for just the males to keep the racks looks consistent versus having AP and visions.

Thanks

Re: May not work after all

How big is the girl? I keep most females in 32qt tubs.

Thanks

Not too big. She's only about 2500 grams. I have one that is 3800 grams (she would never fit ).

Thanks

Looks nice and cozy.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

Thanks

I'm worried that once I add the water bowl in, any female over 2000 grams would be too cramped.

Thanks

I don't mind so much having big girls in 32 qt tubs.... it's when I put a breeding male in that I feel things get a bit cramped. I try to keep all breeding females in cb 70's so she and the male can have some room to move. I know some breeders don't go larger than 32 qt though, and still have breeding success.
    -Diana

Support Captive Breeders
    http://www.lunarboids.com

Thanks

Im no expert on the matter but I keep 900gram females in a 41qt, it does look cramped, but then again who can tell what the snake is thinking? I think the snake needs room to move and not just stay in the same spot all the time. Some breeders may only give 32 qt of space for snakes but i feel they may like more space than this... They are more than $$$$ compared to space for me...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mochelem View Post
    Im no expert on the matter but I keep 900gram females in a 41qt, it does look cramped, but then again who can tell what the snake is thinking? I think the snake needs room to move and not just stay in the same spot all the time. Some breeders may only give 32 qt of space for snakes but i feel they may like more space than this... They are more than $$$$ compared to space for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I don't mind so much having big girls in 32 qt tubs.... it's when I put a breeding male in that I feel things get a bit cramped. I try to keep all breeding females in cb 70's so she and the male can have some room to move. I know some breeders don't go larger than 32 qt though, and still have breeding success.
    I keep all my adults in 28qt tubs. Granted I don't have any over 2,500g yet, but I've had no problems breeding in these. I even had good locks from a 800g male x 1,100g '05 female in a 12qt tub. They all eat, shed and breed perfectly, so I see no reason to go bigger at this point. Balls seem to do better for me in cozy spaces. I still keep my juvi cal king in a large tub, and any new species would get the most appropriate floor space and height in it's enclosure, but balls are pretty good that way.
    What are these mojavas I keep hearing so much about?

J. W. Exotics

Reptile Incubators

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

i agree that ball pythons do better in smaller enclosures but i think that there can be too small an enclosure for a ball python. i think the 32 qt is too small so a 28 qt is definitely too small for a full grown male or female. sure some may eat and even breed in those things but that doesnt mean they should be kept in there for life. if people want to keep em all cramped, hey thats your thing but personally i feel its wrong to take advantage of their minimal space requirements.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigballs View Post
    i agree that ball pythons do better in smaller enclosures but i think that there can be too small an enclosure for a ball python. i think the 32 qt is too small so a 28 qt is definitely too small for a full grown male or female. sure some may eat and even breed in those things but that doesnt mean they should be kept in there for life. if people want to keep em all cramped, hey thats your thing but personally i feel its wrong to take advantage of their minimal space requirements.
    To each his own, but how can you tell they are cramped? I have most of my adult girls and all of my adult males in 32qt tubs and none of them are cramped, or at least they haven't told me so.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast