Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,667

3 members and 1,664 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: I need your opinion

Thanks everyone for your help.

I really wasn't looking for anyone to validate my feelings...just wanted to see what you might do in this situation. Seems like it is pretty unanimous that it was not Sway's fault.

I was pretty sure she would contact our mutual friend..heck, I did. But I understood when she said she sees BOTH sides and didn't want to get in the middle.

I never once have discussed my friendship with her. When she started 'surfing the web' and calling our friend to get her to agree...I just figured she had already dismissed our friendship...besides, when it comes to money I only see $$$. Friends and money don't mesh.

She is very immature and oppinionated. She wants everyone to believe what she believes. I don't and she hates that. She believes that Sway is at fault. I don't. I feel it is totally her fault.

I am going to pay her half only because I don't feel like dealing.

I am worried more that she is going to try and strain my friendship with my other friend. Although as of right now...she just wants us (me and my other friend) to be happy together. Whatever that means!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Personally I think you should have told her NOT to bring her dog(s) over. If you know that your dog a problem, why would you lock your dog up, just so she could have her dogs over to your house?
    When she brought her dog to your house, despite knowing that your dog is dog aggressive, then she took on most of the responsibility.
    In my own opinion, if I had not TOLD the person outright to NOT bring the dog in, and had NOT enforced it by not allowing her to bring the dog in, I would indeed pay HALF the vet bill. Not the whole thing, but I would pay half.
    Since you only told her to call you in advance, and your son let her in, that's the grey area. She should have been more responsible and not brought her dogs over in the first place. But then, you probably should not have allowed her to bring her dogs over either.
    She is behaving immaturely, especailly since you're agreeing to pay half.

IMHO, having a dog aggressive dog and allowing friends to bring their dogs over is inviting disaster. Even if she HAD called in advance, and waited on the porch for you to secure your dog, what if it accidentally got loose?
    That said, if I knew you had a dog aggressive dog, I can't think of ANY reason that I would bring my dog over, especially not a SMALLER dog. That was supremely arrogant and stupid of her.
    Good for you for taking the high ground and offering to pay half. Other than official communication regarding that, I would not have much contact with her otherwise. She's proving herself to be a little less friend that you thought her to be.
    All of the above is of course ONLY my opinion.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks

Memes, you're a mom so you already know how this goes with kids and fights. Same sort of deal. You have to deal with the issue and seperate it from the adults and them losing their ever lovin' minds. If friend #1 (the idiot dog owner) keeps stuffing her nose into your relationship with friend #2 you have even more reason to turf her out of your life. Geesh with friends like that, who needs enemies.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki View Post

Why is it that some people don't know how to act in other peoples homes?
    -adam

Thats a good question! I love kicking people out! Its fun! I'm like Martin!

Get the steppppping!

MeMe's ....... You already handled this situation perfect. i wouldn't change a thing!
    "Why do you need so many snakes?"
    "Why do you need so many shoes?"

Thanks

Morally you are off the hook. Common sense indicates her own responsibility in this unfortunate situation. Legally however you are always responsible for such damage by your dog. If she were to file a suit against you I have no doubt that she would be granted a judgement against you.
    Do not resuscitate

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MeMe View Post

I am worried more that she is going to try and strain my friendship with my other friend. Although as of right now...she just wants us (me and my other friend) to be happy together. Whatever that means!
    Awww Memes

You know you don't have to worry about that evras!! Me and you are besties! I'm down for life yo!

Wait....I am the "other friend" right? jaykay

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts View Post
    Awww Memes

You know you don't have to worry about that evras!! Me and you are besties! I'm down for life yo!

Good thing it wasn't one of your dogs ........ didn't sway already come close to getting that butt kicked!
    "Why do you need so many snakes?"
    "Why do you need so many shoes?"

Thanks

Meme sorry to hear about this situation!

It seems your friend it trying to put the blame on you, because you knew you had an aggressive pitbull... really Sway being a pitbull had nothing to do with it... My old golden retreiver would've protected our home from another dog, and he was THE friendliest dog I've ever known.

In fact, many times larger dogs take issues with small dogs, those small dogs tend to carry around god complexes because most people don't treat them like dogs. First and foremost your friend is at fault. I don't see any need for her to bring her dogs into YOUR home for an afternoon visit, especially when she should know it's an inconvenience to you to have to lock them up.

I don't think she should get a dime from you, however, and I hate to say it, she could have a good shot at trying. If she were to play it like you didn't try to lock up a known "dog aggressive" dog, when she visited. (Although I still think she's an idiot for bringing her dogs into your home uninvited),

Hopefully everything pans out okay, that's a bridge I'd gladly burn with that "friend".
    Jason

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dsirkle View Post
    Legally however you are always responsible for such damage by your dog. If she were to file a suit against you I have no doubt that she would be granted a judgement against you.

Oh...how do you figure?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daaangconcepts View Post
    Awww Memes

just sayin'

I really hate that this happened and she has involved you...and now 'others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Reediculous View Post
    Good thing it wasn't one of your dogs ........ didn't sway already come close to getting that butt kicked!
    yesss...Jas put it on her.

However...I accepeted complete responsibility for that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast