Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 531

0 members and 531 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Bad shed? No problem.

Mr. Snake took his first live adult mouse tonight. Instinct kicked in and his 3 weeks of no eating are over! All is well.

Thanks

trying this but it doesn't seem to be working too well. he shed his nose to right before his eyes and I'm trying to roll it back but its not working. we have him soaking in a little Tupperware thing with some holes cut in it. he wont go through it and keeps moving when i try to actually rub it back (go figure - I'm goin for his head). I'm afraid I'll hurt him if i put much more force into the procedure but its been 2 days since the nose piece came off and he's not doing anything about it. i'm soaking him a bit longer and going to try again, but if this fails again - any help anyone could give me? by the way, this is his first shed since we got him. we live in an area where the average humidity is very rarely above 30% so its kind of hard to keep the humidity up for him, but we're trying.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nightingale For This Useful Post:

kylephillips87 (12-02-2014)

Thanks

my bp had a bad shed last shed and it left him with a head cap that wouldn't come off...it looked funny, almost like a cap on his head. I just kept soaking him everyday and finally today, a week later, I soaked him and got a wet towel and just stroked his head over and over gently and it came off. Good luck!

Thanks

I have to thank you for this post.

Today I picked up a BP from an ad on Craigslist. Free to a good home. The ad read:

2 FREE female adult ball pythons. Tank included. Call XXX-XXXX

Surprisingly, the drive was less than three minutes from my home. Once we get there the guy said someone picked up the ONE of the snakes. Ok, no problem I thought. We go into his basement and the smell almost knocked me over. No heat or light on the tank. The tank reeked and it was obvious that the other snake had passed away and he tossed it. The snake looks like it had not eaten in months...almost a "flat" appearance..Thick eye caps, the most horrible shed I have ever seen. I left everything except the snake. I was in tears when I drove away.

By the time I got home, I was furious But glad he ended up with me.

She'll see the vet asap and did take a small mouse. Although skinny, with the help of this post, has shed completely and looks better.

so thanks for posting this...it's helped alot!

Thanks

Your welcome.

Just remember to warm up her digestive system with a few small meals before you start on a good sized meal. Best of luck with the rescue.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

hey guys mitch shed and it didnt come off all at once, he rubbed the head and eyes off himself and then just left the rest and was real lazy bout it, so i soaked and helped him out and it looks like all of it came off. but now he has 2spots on either side of his head rite above his eyes that are not "shiny" like the rest of him and it doesnt seem to be coming off or even look like a shed, my question is could that be a shed that wont come off (he doesnt like having anythin touch his head at all) and whats the worst thatll happen if it is a shed and i leave it alone? please please please help!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by naba2002 View Post
    hey guys mitch shed and it didnt come off all at once, he rubbed the head and eyes off himself and then just left the rest and was real lazy bout it, so i soaked and helped him out and it looks like all of it came off. but now he has 2spots on either side of his head rite above his eyes that are not "shiny" like the rest of him and it doesnt seem to be coming off or even look like a shed, my question is could that be a shed that wont come off (he doesnt like having anythin touch his head at all) and whats the worst thatll happen if it is a shed and i leave it alone? please please please help!
    If it's only a couple scales, you can probably leave it and see if it resolves with the following shed. It's possible that the new scales are dull, and it's not retained shed... in which case you don't want to keep rubbing. If you could post a picture, that would allow us to be of more help.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Then you Stand

Thanks

yea i tried rubbin it lightly twice and he jus wasnt having it so i let him be and im tryin to get a good pic where you can see it well enough. but thanks i didnt no that new scales can be dull just becuz. will they get the shine back to them or ....?

Thanks

Sometimes they lose that top layer of the scale and it looks dull. The problem usually resolves itself after the next shed. Just make sure to double check your humidiy.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Then you Stand

Thanks

yea thats exactly wat it looks like ive got my humid at a constant 60% thanks guys

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast