Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 364

15 members and 349 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 09:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

Snake13-2 (41)
GoingPostal (33)
kaynoh (30)
jmp7691 (23)

» Stats

Members: 62,732
Threads: 236,005
Posts: 2,445,792
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, gabri95v
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 215
  1. #11
    BPnet Veteran Snakeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-05-2006
    Location
    Oxnard, California United States
    Posts
    1,539
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 68 Times in 50 Posts
    Images: 1

    Re: Bad shed? No problem.

    wow this is great.i used this same method when my baby blood became "lazy" to shed her skin.
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile....00001688532105
    Upcoming concerts:
    October 10: KoRn
    October 11 - Bon Jovi
    October 19: Death Angel
    October 26 - Avenged Sevenfold, Deftones, Ghost
    October 28: Slayer
    November 8 - Nine Inch Nails
    November 15 - Kreator, Overkill, Warbringer
    November 27: In This Moment
    -Misael

  2. #12
    Raging Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-31-2004
    Location
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Posts
    9,907
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked 623 Times in 384 Posts
    Images: 15

    Re: Bad shed? No problem.

    very nice! Kudos to you

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    05-23-2006
    Location
    One Foot Out The Door.
    Posts
    2,938
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Images: 5

    Smile Re: Bad shed? No problem.

    JUST MY OPINION!


    Soaking for 45-60 minutes is way to long, 10-15 minutes max will normally loosing the bad shed enought to peel it off. and you may need to soak alittle more to complete the job. after about 10 minutes the water cools down and then you will need to learn to treat URI.

    In the winter with all the heat required to keep these guys healthy we all encounter less than ideal humidity levels and have to soak them now and then, this is how I do it and Im sure Christies way works for her.

  4. #14
    West Coast Jungle's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-07-2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    8,184
    Thanks
    624
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 942 Posts
    Images: 43

    Re: Bad shed? No problem.

    Christie I have to say that is a very pretty snake you used there. Very informative and nice to look at. You can never have too many husbandry tips, Thanks.

  5. #15
    Wally Bait tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-14-2005
    Location
    on cloud 9
    Posts
    12,476
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 435 Times in 162 Posts
    Images: 86

    Re: Bad shed? No problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by ECLARK
    JUST MY OPINION!


    Soaking for 45-60 minutes is way to long, 10-15 minutes max will normally loosing the bad shed enought to peel it off. and you may need to soak alittle more to complete the job. after about 10 minutes the water cools down and then you will need to learn to treat URI.

    In the winter with all the heat required to keep these guys healthy we all encounter less than ideal humidity levels and have to soak them now and then, this is how I do it and Im sure Christies way works for her.
    That's why it's important to keep the water in a warm environment, specifically the cage (which even on the cool side should remain 80 degrees). I've only had to soak a handful of times, and I've never encountered an RI.
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

    Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

  6. #16
    BPnet Veteran Adam_Wysocki's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-26-2004
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    9,027
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 194 Posts
    Images: 1

    Re: Bad shed? No problem.

    Great job Christie!!! .... That's exactly what I do here for problem shedders!!!

    JUST MY OPINION.

    I've been soaking ball pythons in tepid water, in their enclosures, 45-60 minutes at most, for over a decade and have never gotten a URI that way. The key is to make sure the tub of water doesn't sit out in a cold room ... that will chill the snake. I put my "soaking tubs" back in the rack (or cage) just like Christie ... works perfect, every time!!!

    JUST MY OPINION ... well, more like my personal experience I guess ... whatever ... it's all good!

    -adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban




    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty


  7. #17
    Cloacal Popping Engineer xdeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-15-2005
    Location
    Monterey, California
    Posts
    5,198
    Thanks
    210
    Thanked 447 Times in 266 Posts
    Images: 45

    Re: Bad shed? No problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily
    That's why it's important to keep the water in a warm environment, specifically the cage (which even on the cool side should remain 80 degrees). I've only had to soak a handful of times, and I've never encountered an RI.

    I agree. I've treated numerous stuck sheds with a slightly different method (placing the snake in a warm, wet pillowcase), but I always keep them in their rack where it's nice and toasty. I've kept some of them in there for over an hour without worry.

    -Lawrence

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    05-23-2006
    Location
    One Foot Out The Door.
    Posts
    2,938
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Images: 5

    Smile Re: Bad shed? No problem.

    The point I was trying to make was that when left in water and it can cool down, that can cause problems letting a snake sit in cold water for an hour. the original poster never said anything about putting the soaking snake in a heated cage. A heated cage would keep the temps from getting cold. and thats my opinion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Wysocki
    Great job Christie!!! .... That's exactly what I do here for problem shedders!!!

    JUST MY OPINION.

    I've been soaking ball pythons in tepid water, in their enclosures, 45-60 minutes at most, for over a decade and have never gotten a URI that way. The key is to make sure the tub of water doesn't sit out in a cold room ... that will chill the snake. I put my "soaking tubs" back in the rack (or cage) just like Christie ... works perfect, every time!!!

    JUST MY OPINION ... well, more like my personal experience I guess ... whatever ... it's all good!

    -adam

  9. #19
    BPnet Veteran stangs13's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-01-2005
    Location
    Friendswood,Tx
    Posts
    5,623
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: Bad shed? No problem.

    Great advise Crristie! I think this is sticky worthy.

  10. #20
    Registered User TheDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-17-2007
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: Bad shed? No problem.

    Fantastic!!! I used this same method on my dude!! you rock!
    "The Dude" Abides....
    2.0.1 BP's Scar Face, Spot and The Dude
    Man he better be a male, the "Dudette" just doesn't have the same ring to it...


    "Night Time at The Dude's House"

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1