Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,428

2 members and 3,426 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Talking UPDATE on Mr. Loopy

I know I don't post to much around here anymore, but I do still check in just about daily. I've gotten a few PM's here and there asking me about Mr. Loopy. Some from new owners to spiders with the wobbles to long time members just checking up to see how he is doing and seeing if he is still around.

If you don't know who Loopy is or why he is named that, please do a search for "Loopy" or go back in to to some of the post I made over a year ago. Long story short, Loopy is a het pied ball python who hatched out of his egg with some major neurological problems that mimic IBD. He was doomed to have a freezer nap while I was working at the breeders place that produced him due to his problems and him not being a good feeder. I stepped in and got him feeding decent and took on trying to give him as much as a normal life as he could ever have due to his disabilities. I know some months back he went thru a really bad fall back with his problems that I lost many nights of sleep over trying to decide if I should put him down or give a go with the meds my vet had given me for him. He eventually got "better" but still I do not know if he did it on his own or if the Baytril did help him any since it took a while.

As of today if you got to see Loopy in person and didn't know of his problems, you would think he was just a normal BP. I'd say about 80% of the time he doesn't "loop, spin, wobble" unless he gets spooked or stressed by not being handled correctly. He has learned that if he moves slow and takes his time with moving his head and body he won't go in to a spinning looping fit as I call them. Also he has learned how to turn himself over. Sometimes it takes him a minute or two to figure it out, but most of the time he can upright himself almost right away which is just awesome because he could not do that up till about 4-5 months ago.

Here is a short clip of him when he was only a few months old:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t=P1050029.flv

Here he is over the weekend (he turned two years old on 7-20-08:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t=DSCN1577.flv (Quality is NOT good~Photobucket dubbed the quality on it)

HERE is the RAW copy of the video (WARNING 33mbs)
    http://willowdaisy.com/DSCN1577.AVI

I will post a short video of him in a few of him being able to flip himself.
    Last edited by lillyorchid; 09-02-2008 at 08:06 PM.
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Re: UPDATE on Mr. Loopy

first, he is a beautiful snake, second, he looks great considering his problem. Glad to see he has learned how to deal with his condition in moving slow and stuff. Guess they can learn things to a degree. Kudos to you for rescuing him, and thanx for sharing. Always nice to see success stories.
    Doris

Thanks

That is so nice that you gave him a chance and that he has improved. Lucky boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    0.0.1 Ball Python, 4.2 Canines, 1.0 Feline, 2.0 Pet Rats

Thanks

Short video of him flipping over:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...w_DSCN1933.flv

I do not advise doing this to your snakes! I only flipped him over 3 times in a row to show that he can do it.

annnd a good picture of him now:
    http://willowdaisy.com/gallery/main....serialNumber=2
    ---=ALLISON=---
    "Not everyone is going to agree or listen to what you say but I have learned to do my best to educate and hope they listen in the long run. Just keep trying to educate. There will be people out there that actually do listen and learn. -Me"

Thanks

Glad you gave him a chance!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Ahhh,

Now it does my heart good to see him doing so well.

You stuck with him through thick and thin and it does you credit.

dr del
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Wow.. I only check in here every few weeks now and it was so cool to see the update on Mr. Loopy.
    He seems to be doing great and becoming quite the bp.

He was so lucky to have found you.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks

That first vid was so sad!! I can't imagine having to have made that decision.. It must be very rewarding for you to know you're the reason he was able to get this far :) There's a tremendous difference between those vids.
    "The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Nietzsche

Thanks

Wonderful improvements and a beauty of a fella!! Good for him... and GREAT for you for saving him!

I showed that first vid to my BF, who thought my spider female, Aranya, had a bad wobble... he doesn't think that anymore.
    **Adriana - White 'N Nerdy!**

1.0 BP 'SunSpot', 0.1 Corn 'Freya', 1.0 IJ BTS 'Topaz', 1.0 ND bunny 'Licorice'

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts

Glad to hear Mr Loopy is doing well!
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast